·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Footpegs, frontforks, dash, sprocket carrier, all from the 750...
Just got the VIN and that does suggest a 1000 from 2004 - not from 2007 like the add says.
I am still not convinced...

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now the salesman really makes a joke out of this (I think he does not know)....
He is telling me that there are 750 components on it as it is a Tamburini replica and that was a 750 LOL!!!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If you are serious about the bike and want to make sure the engine is 1000cc, there is one very easy way to tell.

You will have to look at the injectors. If they have a white plastic band on them, it is a 1000. If the band is red, it is a 750.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
????

If you are serious about the bike and want to make sure the engine is 1000cc, there is one very easy way to tell.

You will have to look at the injectors. If they have a white plastic band on them, it is a 1000. If the band is red, it is a 750.
way to go Caggles.........way too logical

and if they are black its a 910

:naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Hey Erik, even if it is 750 it may have some nice components. Are the wheels Mg or painted, are the fairings carbon. It has a yellow dash which suggests 2000 750 but the photos look nice. The 1000 started in 2005. Obviously a bitsa as we say but how is the price??

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The price would be reasonable over here if it was a 1000. Btw the 1000 started in 2004; I had once one of the most early ones delivered in mai 2004. Sadly enough I crashed that one. The VIN of this one suggests a 1000 from 2004 as far as I understand it.
I am not interested in this bike. For me too weird stuff... Eventhough the VIN I think it's a 750. To find out I will need the engine number... So far the salesman was cooporative, but clearly he knows nothing about MV...

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah, indeed. It was out of the 150 first batch and one of the first ones. Actually you can see it in my foto album...

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hey Erik, even if it is 750 it may have some nice components. Are the wheels Mg or painted, are the fairings carbon. It has a yellow dash which suggests 2000 750 but the photos look nice. The 1000 started in 2005. Obviously a bitsa as we say but how is the price??
Dem wheels look painted. I have mag stars and they have a nice cast texture not smooth satin/gloss. I also have a set of painted gold wheels. ..

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Wow you must have had one of the first 1000s, thought they started very late in the year and delivered in '05. Thanks for the info
I have had both, one thing very noticeable is that the very early 1000s which came out in 2004 did not have a painted engine, from 2005 onwards they did have a painted engine.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For a Ducati? How weird? Are you sure those women??

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I have had both, one thing very noticeable is that the very early 1000s which came out in 2004 did not have a painted engine, from 2005 onwards they did have a painted engine.
L and R side engine covers parts are not painted on pics. It looks like real weird combination of weird parts, ie all carbon not oem etc, can't even fit a plate properly on a plate holder

1 - 17 of 17 Posts