MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have heard rumors of a spr 1000 and a senna 1000. A picture of the senna is in the yahoo mv agusta discussion group. It's rumored that it could be a photoshop picture.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant like a entirely new model not a special version. Like facelift or maybe the next one will be called F5??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Lets hope not .... the whole point is that the F4 design is timeless, unlike the stuff from Japan that owners have that urge (media driven) to update every year....

Graham

·
Registered
293 Posts
agusta01 said:
Lets hope not .... the whole point is that the F4 design is timeless, unlike the stuff from Japan that owners have that urge (media driven) to update every year....

Graham
Tottaly agre whit that!! :p Mona Lisa does not need a facelift every 2 years!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess its good they just do variations of the same bike. Its good for resale and distinction. How old is the current F4 model? Wasn't it designed and sold in 1997?

·
Registered
17 Posts
To those of you who think that change equates to Japanese:
Do you think that they should have ever made a second model or a third model? Or should they have just stuck with one that worked well...oh...say the Pulman 125cc of 1953? That was a nice bike. A classic indeed, but to sound so absolute about hoping they never change is probably not in line w/ such forward thinking designers as Tamburini and the other greats who have made Meccanica Verghera Agusta what it is today. Yes, they are art without a doubt, but they also pride themselves on the 37 world championships they achieved in their day. My guess is that they have their eye on entering the racing world again (some official talk is already beginning), and to NOT change with the times is an excellent recipe for failure. In my humble opinion, they will never be Japanese like, no matter how many different models (or works of art) they come up with.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Since I made the comment relating to the Japanese bikes changing each year, my response is that maybe the point I was making is that the changes these manufacturers make are really minor and relate to saving a gram here or there, maybe an extra HP or two, always added to the power curve where no one except ace racers can access it, and always on the track, where very few of their machines compared to the street ever go.

They rely on the desire of the consumer to always have the 'best' even if they don't use or even know what this may be. All of my riding mates all ride 1 Litre Jap bikes and are obsessed with the upgrade each year, this is the culture I was hoping MV would avoid, they probably didn't follow this trend in the past due to the dollar constraint, but now with extra cash from Proton, this may be the market stratergy to follow.

There is certainly no shortage of punters just waiting to upgrade each year, MV or Japanese.

Graham

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 916 design lasted about 10yrs and still looks great, i guess thats when it'll be due for the upgrade. The F4 name i believe came from the Ferrari 4cylinder project that spawned the MV F4 engine, so changing the name to F5 without adding another cylinder wouldn't make sense. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't wish to appear cynical - I love my bike, but if I see another special paint/ carbon job on a factory release MV I will puke. Oh nice wheels. And look, a carbon whatsit on the thingy which reduces weight by 0.1gm.

Please someone tell me there is more on the horizon within MV in the next 2 years than 3-4 more special graphic specials. How about a 3 or 6 cylinder? A smaller capacity 500 or 600? Exclusivity is all well and good, but flogging off more of the same (albeit with a few more horse) is getting predictable.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I agree to a point, but dont forget Agusta changed the grand prix world on its head when in 1966 the 3 cylinder 500cc Agusta raced in the half litre class when all others were 4 cylinders. It also produced 92HP at 13,500rpm....and 260km/h again in 1966! And won 7 world championships in succession...

But yes MV need to reinvent / reengineer or whatever the catch phrase is...
But your point on special design changes, it is a supply/demand market, if there were not a market they would not sell.

Now a V4 MotoGP styled F4 Mille....I'd go for that!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sort of agree but then disagree at the same time. Gaudy paintjobs on another F4 is not what I want at all, but the upgrades to engine (ie TSS) and suspension (like tambo and new senna) are what it's all about for me. I like carbon too, but not faffing around with it. what I would really love to see is a new F4 with all the race fruit on it and a simple silver and red (std) look, No gold plates, no handle bar protectors or any of that crap, just the most pure sport dedicated machine they can make. The 1000 engine is still revoloutionary given the power it puts out, putting another engine out when they're still refining this one, in the current financial climate would be a bit silly i think. In Aus the sales have soared since the 1000 came out, but i still have only seen 1 other F4 on the road here.

If anyone from the factory is reading, I'd like them to make the std coloured fairing out of coloured carbor fibre, not painted. They used to do red and silver carbon but i haven't seen it for a few years. I can't see why they don't do it to save the weight of the paint(i know that may seem a little pedantic, but I painted a friends naked bike once and it took about 3ltrs of paint even dried out thats still got to be 1 or 2 kg)

oh a GP machine would be great but we should conquer SBK first i think.
Also the rules of motoGP state that the bike cannot be a production machine, thats why those people trying to run a reenginered R1 got thrown out. It has to be a "prototype" machine, then you can sell it after you race it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
WSB Here we come!!

I agree with the gaudy gold trim / extra carbon bit comment, but MV are now business people first and designers second, even heard that although the 300 Tambos have been built, you can still get one of production if you have the cash, like the sultan of 'somewhere' who has just taken delivery of a one of 1+1 Tambo. (never to be ridden and destined to be in a glass case for the term of its existance)
It's on display at the Sydney motorcycle show this weekend at Paul Feeneys stand. I am heading there so will post a photo when I get back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So you think if i get myself a title like sultan and a handful of cash, they'll make me my carbon special?

I must admit we have 1spr and 1 ago in Perth, and i get informed of there sightings every now and then. The bike community get a real thrill out of spotting them which i think is great. They may be nutty yamy fans but if they see the ago on the street that'll be the first thing they mention next time they see me. I like the limited models because there really are so few of them around, 300 each world wide is pretty rare, it's just a shame they look worse than the originals (i do like the spr and old sennas)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I dug this up from the dead, just thought it was a bit funny how 3 years ago we were still wanting a ~600cc MV bike.... and it still has not happened.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts

Graham
Tottaly agre whit that!! :p Mona Lisa does not need a facelift every 2 years!!

+1

Im more than happy with what I have, just want to add a brutale to the other 2, but if i cant, no worries

be happy! be content with what you already have!!:smoking:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts