MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am going to travelling across Italy to get to Modena in 4 weeks time. And was wondering has the MV Factory got a museum that can be looked around or indeed is there anything worth looking at if we diverted to the factory? What say you dudes :)

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
ferrarispider said:
Hi i am going to travelling across Italy to get to Modena in 4 weeks time. And was wondering has the MV Factory got a museum that can be looked around or indeed is there anything worth looking at if we diverted to the factory? What say you dudes :)
There is a MV museum ( vintage bikes and helicopters) in casina costa, near the helicopter factory, close to milan airport Malpensa.

http://www.glaagusta.org/museo/index.shtml

http://www.glaagusta.org/museo/virtuality.shtml

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cascina Costa is the correct place.

This is the address:
MUSEO DELLA TECNICA E DEL LAVORO MV AGUSTA Via G. Agusta, 510
Cascina Costa - 21013 SAMARATE (VARESE)
tel 0331 220545/0331 229348

Sunday 9.00-12.30/14.00-18.00
Tuesday 14.00-18.00
Wednesday 14.00-18.00

Entry fee 2,5€

I've been there, is quite interesting: MV built some incredible machines.

If you're near Modena go to Ducati museum too in Borgo Panigale, very nice.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ducati have tours most afternoons, you should really book via the web-site but people were just turning up whilst I was there, they normally reply to e-mails the same day unlike MV :stickpoke
MV factory? I know of people who have turned up there and just got a "No" other people have got in, must admit the reson I did'nt try MV was in case I got a refusal....................would'nt of done my "love" of the marque any good at all. may have resulted in :finger: :2up:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sorry Mike but MV Factory IS NOT MV Museum.
I don't think that there are guided tours at MV Factory like Ducati one (anyway at Ducati you can see only certain parts, racing department is forbidden).
If you saw some people gettin' in maybe they were friends of some workers.

Something you can do is a visit to MV Corse in San Marino, no booking, just get there and have some nice talk with the ladies at reception and mechanics working around: entrance is free but bring your credit card, you'll damn need it... :smoking:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikef4uk said:
Ducati have tours most afternoons, you should really book via the web-site but people were just turning up whilst I was there, they normally reply to e-mails the same day unlike MV :stickpoke
MV factory? I know of people who have turned up there and just got a "No" other people have got in, must admit the reson I did'nt try MV was in case I got a refusal....................would'nt of done my "love" of the marque any good at all. may have resulted in :finger: :2up:
Now thats a good idea, ducati:D Were do i find there email address please? I think i will email as soon as. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Museo Visit Sept 2008

I was fortunate to have just visited the MV Agust Museo in Cacina mentioned above.

The MV Factory kindly arranged for a private viewing (benefit of traveling with moto-press). The Museo also includes the helicopter history with the bikes taking up about 25% of the exhibit.

What impressed me the most was the actual race winner bikes of Surtees Hailwood, Agostini, Read and Sanford, plus many of the old trophies. Also the 6 cylinder MV.

Many models were represented, from the 750 Fours down to the smallest moped. Also displayed a futuristic car and a personal hovercraft. Very fascinating stuff.

Well worth the visit and extra miles from Varese.

A few pics

Cheers
Jim Bush, Vancouver, BC

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I can only recommend to visit the Museo GLA Agusta in Cascina Costa. I was several times there and it is always a delight. I guided many Site Visitors to there, most of them Motorcyclists. General response of them: "By far the nicest of all Italian Bike Museums!". Cascina Costa is unfortunately a little off the beaten path. On the Way south You will might come over Manello del Lario (Guzzi), Bologna (Ducati), Rimini (Bimota),... , but Gallarate is not exactly in a touristic Area. The Ticino National Park is a Wilderness, further west You have the Rice Fields of Piemont, east are industrial Cities and than Milano. My Colleague said always we were there the first strangers since Hannibal. However the Museo is a must !

There are many Photo's of the Museo in my Album.

·
Registered
447 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts