MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a race ECU, MV corse exhaust w/o catalyzer and w/o exhaust valve.

When I decelerate I noticed that the engine braking isn't regular (normal braking then less braking etc...).

Do you noticed the same ?
Do you know if it is the EBS system that causes this ?
Do you know if it is possible to deactivate it ?

Thank a lot for your help.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
disconnect ,the wire from the motor that runs the exhaust valve, also put a marble in the ebs rubber pipes ,not the same as on f4 , basically blocking off the black rubber pipes that run to the top of the head , 2 pipes and 1 goes to the air box.Donsy you can explain it better than me .

cheers eddy
ps: my mates 1090 did the same thing ,this seemed to fix it ,just try it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
disconnect ,the wire from the motor that runs the exhaust valve, also put a marble in the ebs rubber pipes ,not the same as on f4 , basically blocking off the black rubber pipes that run to the top of the head , 2 pipes and 1 goes to the air box.Donsy you can explain it better than me .

cheers eddy
ps: my mates 1090 did the same thing ,this seemed to fix it ,just try it.
I think you're talking about the SAS (Second Air System).
I donne this and it solved the several popping in the exhaust and the engine is more smooth at constant revs near 3000-3500 tr/mn.

For the exhaust valve motor the wires are connected but I don't have the valve on the exhaust.

I sas that the 1090RR version have a slip peur clutch maybe it coule be the reason ?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
No slipper clutch would not effect engine braking ,that's it SAS ,Disconnect the the plug from the exhaust valve motor ,you will not get an error,well at least not on my mates 2011 1090 rr. Anyway, you can not do any damage what so ever to the Motor. We noticed this issue straight away compared to the 1078rr brutale.

But as Richard has pointed out might be due to the Ecu ,anything is possible

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Definitely not the exhaust valve, I don't have one ;-)

Isn't a slipper clutch supposed to stop rear wheel lock up due to engine breaking ?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Hi Richard ,totally different feel ,its the engine braking is totally different to what a normal motor should do ,let off the gas and the motor starts straight away to pull you up ,but on the 1090rr there is a massive delay

if that makes sense

1 - 11 of 11 Posts