MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my bike from Pro Italia, they said mantance was up to date. I have riden about 1000 miles in a couple of months. The oil looks black, time to change. Well it seems Capt. OVERTORQUE put on the oil filter and I can't get it off by hand. Is there a reason why MV has a lock-ring on there oil filter??? Do they fall off??? Hell is it a reverse thread??? In my world righty tighty lefty loosey, except for the rear wheel bolt. Gotta ask you never know. Thanks John

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It has standard threads. Get a filter wrench and take it off. As for the lock ring, Idk why they have it. Whenever I change my oil I always put the lock ring on what ever filter I use because I'm paranoid.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Standard thread direction.
Turn it left to loosen.
Get yourself a good quality filter remover tool.
The locking ring is just a safety precaution.
The filter should be torqued to 24 Newton Meters.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks went out and bought a filter wrench. Now the oil that's a different story. Came out of the bike looking like BLACK WATER. Nasty. I guess that's from all the SMOG equiptment to get it in California. Thanks Again John

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yeah theres a lock ring on it for a good reason. not fun to have it pop off during a trackday just as you enter the breaking zone at the end of the front straight....

·
Registered
271 Posts
you should be able to get the filter off without removing the headers also.

I have heard of peolpe having to take them off but I manage to get the filter on/off quite easily without the hassle.

A little tight but it can be done. This is on my F4 though. Not too sure about the Brutale but I would not expect it to be any different.
Can some one enlighten me on this part ?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

you should be able to get the filter off without removing the headers also.

I have heard of peolpe having to take them off but I manage to get the filter on/off quite easily without the hassle.

A little tight but it can be done. This is on my F4 though. Not too sure about the Brutale but I would not expect it to be any different.
Can some one enlighten me on this part ?
Way diffrent mate :conveyer:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+1

Cool, thanks went out and bought a filter wrench. Now the oil that's a different story. Came out of the bike looking like BLACK WATER. Nasty. I guess that's from all the SMOG equiptment to get it in California. Thanks Again John
Follow the link mate and download the manuals.
http://my.agusta.us/ :smoking:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Can be very awkward to remove te filter...... for many years I just drive a srewdriver thru it in the right position to begin the hand turning part of the process!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts