MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going back over the bike an putting it back together, after adding a solo seat (thanks Mitch!!!) and solo subframe, new fuel lines, new metal CRC fuel fittings, new Fuel filter, Fuel gasket.. and re-routing the electrical back to where it should be as stated in the maintenance PDF... I found a broken off bolt in the bracket which holds the battery in place and allows the seat to pivot.. I never broke a bolt on that bracket, so I guess the previous owner broke it off, but what does it attach to? The tank rests on it, but there is a rubber grommet on the tank.. hmmm.. I looked through the maintenance PDF, and I could not find a photo.. any input is much appreciated.. thanks- :loser:

Coleman.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The bolt is a counter sunk cap head that holds the petrol tank onto the bracket that you have the snapped bolt in.
There is a lug welded on the tank that locates over the hole in question, note ther is a rubber grommet fitted as well...if you need a pic I can do this tomorrow....just ask

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, a picture would be great- I managed to get the broken part out.. So as you are explaining, the bolt is what the rubber grommet on the tab on the tank uses to center into? it does not actually screw the tank down.. correct?

Thanks-

Coleman.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!! I always thought the tank should have a bolt!! It looks like there is a shoulder on it with a button head.. do you have a rough measurement of the bolt, shoulder and shoulder length? I have to go to my favorite fastener store later today..
Thanks-

Coleman.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Maybe someone else has it in front of them but I'd guess:

button 15mm?
Shoulder 10mm?? it is the thickness of the grommet IIRC
Pitch!? I'd guess 1.25 maybe M8??

I'd really prefer to wait until someone can measure for you..or just get the correct part, most likely in stock and in your hands in a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts