MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing bike magazine reviews that say the F4 1000's are really spoilt by the poor fuelling in everyday riding conditions.

Just wondered if it's really as bad as they make out and / or whether there's a relatively simple "fix" like a Power Commander etc.?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
molan said:
I keep seeing bike magazine reviews that say the F4 1000's are really spoilt by the poor fuelling in everyday riding conditions.

Just wondered if it's really as bad as they make out and / or whether there's a relatively simple "fix" like a Power Commander etc.?
I would say no it isn't that bad, but "once a thief always a thief" mentality comes into play.

They are better when set up correctly to factory specs, and they are better again with a Power Commander fitted. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello,

Not again these kind of questions! Please don't listen to what the mags are saying. The best thing you can do is go and test drive one and decide for yourself. As for my personal opinion: I don't have any kind of on/off throtle problems after the CO and TPS adjustment we did.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did experience some minor problems with my AGO until MV/Cagiva/FBF/PI offered up some mods. New plugs, EPROM and a mechanic that was willing to spend the time to get it right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I've agreed to buy one anyway so the proof will certainly be in the riding!

I'm not worried about getting something like this fixed, I've had my share of slightly dodgy EFi systems over the years (usually because they've been manufacturer set to meet local market emissions restrictions).

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
It's not 'fixed' so much as optimized IMO. The throttle feel you're talking about can show up at two places, slow speed low revs where you shouldn't be anyway and then when pushing very hard in the meat of the powerband when coming off then going back on the throttle. Optimizing with a proper tune rids you of both. Further tuning with PCIII and dyno time can cap off the experience.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Mine was great from new, and was well set up. When pipes and chip put on, it was not right but carefull tuning by the dealer and it is great. I have no plans to put on a PC111. By the way the fueling on my Honda CBR1000RR with the power valve disconnected and a pipe put on is much worse than my MV ever was, very jerky down low, but since it is a track bike I have not bothered with it. It would need a PC 111 to fix it.
Don't believe the mags...hopeless.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeh, its not too bad. You can take one spring off the throttle to make it a bit better because with carful application of the throttle theres no problem.
The extra spring makes it a bit harder to apply carefully. ;)

Its always going to be a bit hard to apply ~160 horses. :yo:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Spacechumper, I thought about removing that spring, I don't seem to have any real problem with the throttle.. do you think I should do it?

Also... does the throttle still shut off ok?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeh it works much the same just a bit lighter, for me it helps mid corners when you are trying to put it on lightly.

I did see an article where they said "you need an arm like adonis to operate it mid-corner", or some thing like that :)

The spring is easy to put on and off, just use pointy nose pliers to unhock it from the lever connected to the throttle shaft.
You can hook it back on if you want it back on. (It doesn't get removed from the bike at all)

I think you get used to it either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts