MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum and considering a new 750 Brutale
I can buy one $4-5000 less than a 910 here in Australia. The list price is $2000 difference. I've asked the dealer (who's also the importer) if the 750 is being discontinued - he says no, however I'm a little suspicious.
All you guys post on the 910, is the 750 gone in the US?
If not, has anyone heard if it's going?
Thanks

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
No you were clear, but I was just wondering how they would price it if people were to order it, and also was wondering if there were any orders at all for the 750...

Perhaps the dealers are not even aware of the possibility?

I guess no one wants the 750 anymore, bigger is better :laughing:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Actually, my first choice was a 750, but the dealer said it wasn't being built no longer. What's strange is that they haven't removed it from the official web...don't know what they're playing :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, interesting, it's still on the Italian site as well.
The importer is pretty keen to move them at a $5k discount so maybe it's a fact.
Still the 750 really sings - just as quick only less torque.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Let's face it guys, the 750 was a dissapointment to many who tried it out. The SV 650 naked has more go power. Granted a beautiful piece of work, etc. The Oro at Barber Museum is still at the entrance as you begin touring the first floor and grabs the attention of everyone, but the 910 was needed to get M V back on top.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Brutaleman said:
Let's face it guys, the 750 was a dissapointment to many who tried it out. The SV 650 naked has more go power. Granted a beautiful piece of work, etc. The Oro at Barber Museum is still at the entrance as you begin touring the first floor and grabs the attention of everyone, but the 910 was needed to get M V back on top.
The SV is certainly NOT faster than the 750, I don't know where you get that from. :wtf:

·
Registered
154 Posts
As far as I know, there is no 2006 Brutale 750 in the U.S. Dealers still have the 2005 in stock and have a difficult time unloading them even at discounted pricing. Make your own conclusions.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Brutaleman said:

You're in Birmingham. Look up Tim on his 750 Brutale near by, perhaps accompany him to the gap, a local ride, anywhere. I look forward to your assessment of his speed aboard his s.s disappointment :laughing:

These 750 comments are getting out of hand. Ride them both then restate your opinion.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i drove the 750 in test and did not buy it,
i drove the 910 in test and had it the day after

if they say they will not build it anymore, some 750 owner could get scared
if they say they will still build it, its gonna be on demand/order

i think they just awaiting thereself to see what the market says

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hmm

MV Blackie said:
i drove the 750 in test and did not buy it,
i drove the 910 in test and had it the day after

if they say they will not build it anymore, some 750 owner could get scared
if they say they will still build it, its gonna be on demand/order

i think they just awaiting thereself to see what the market says
Why would a 750 owner get scared if MV decides to go with only 910?
The 750 owner still knows what he is riding, right? I mean, yes there is a whole lot more torque and some more power - but the crazy little 750 bastard is still :king: for those who lowes that kind of excitement!
I know i still am!
:flickoff:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
JamesC said:
You're in Birmingham. Look up Tim on his 750 Brutale near by, perhaps accompany him to the gap, a local ride, anywhere. I look forward to your assessment of his speed aboard his s.s disappointment :laughing:

These 750 comments are getting out of hand. Ride them both then restate your opinion.

+1... rather analogous to the joke about the lion trapped in the pit, the mouse and the Porsche...

At the same price point, you've got to consider resale and that generally tips to the "larger" bike. But if you want a new one, make sure to check pricing as there may be a couple of heavily discounted 750's still remaining. A great bike becomes a sensational bargain to boot. On a used 910 v a "new" 750, the full warranty is worth considering. Don't let anyone sway you. The bikes are different but a blast in either configuration. Get what's right for you, your wallet, your riding style...

·
Registered
23 Posts
fazer6 said:
The SV is certainly NOT faster than the 750, I don't know where you get that from. :wtf:
No offense intended Fazer6. THe 750 definately has the high end. There is no comparison overall with the SV in that regard. I just ment to point out that there are many 750s and 600cc+ bikes that out there with better performance based on the reviews from the pros. The 910 gives the low end that so many reviews pointed out were missing in the 750 and when compared to others in its' class. I came close to buying the S because I loved the feel, fit, cornering and looks on a test ride. Then I heard what was on tap this year and waited for the 910. Just by chance one day while passing thru Atlanta I stopped by the dealer to pick up a long awaited speedo cable for my Guzzi Coppa Italia and sat on a 910. I had already seen one and a 910R at the International Motorcycle show in Atlanta in March. The salesman mentioned that they were just notified that they were getting one more 2006 910R this year (which as you know comes with the full Ti exhaust and racing EPROM from MV) in about 2 weeks and 5 minutes later I gave him a deposit. My lucky day. The '07 version will not come with the full Ti kit included but the price will be the same. So in effect it will be $3,000 more if you want the upgrade. Well the 910R is in my garage now. It will get some serious breakin miles this weekend finally!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Brutaleman said:
No offense intended Fazer6. THe 750 definately has the high end. There is no comparison overall with the SV in that regard. I just ment to point out that there are many 750s and 600cc+ bikes that out there with better performance based on the reviews from the pros. The 910 gives the low end that so many reviews pointed out were missing in the 750 and when compared to others in its' class. I came close to buying the S because I loved the feel, fit, cornering and looks on a test ride. Then I heard what was on tap this year and waited for the 910. Just by chance one day while passing thru Atlanta I stopped by the dealer to pick up a long awaited speedo cable for my Guzzi Coppa Italia and sat on a 910. I had already seen one and a 910R at the International Motorcycle show in Atlanta in March. The salesman mentioned that they were just notified that they were getting one more 2006 910R this year (which as you know comes with the full Ti exhaust and racing EPROM from MV) in about 2 weeks and 5 minutes later I gave him a deposit. My lucky day. The '07 version will not come with the full Ti kit included but the price will be the same. So in effect it will be $3,000 more if you want the upgrade. Well the 910R is in my garage now. It will get some serious breakin miles this weekend finally!
No offense taken, just pointing out that the MV 750's are not even in the same class or even ballpark with the likes of the budget SV, nor do they lag in performance to other 600's. Even the R6 (the king of supersports as rated by the glossy-print 'pros') gets left behind any MV. Now, an R1 on the other hand...
Further, if you want pure acceleration, seek out a V-Max :toothless :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
You know what's nice about owning a 750? The 910. At a heavy 245, I should really be on the 910 but as my first sport bike, this thing has way more poop than I'll need all year, even with the baby fat. Yes, the 910 is probably a better motorcycle, more money, more torque, bla bla bla. However, the best thing for me? Knowing someday, I'll have a 910 and when I finally get it, I'll be ready for it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
HHester said:
You know what's nice about owning a 750? The 910. At a heavy 245, I should really be on the 910 but as my first sport bike, this thing has way more poop than I'll need all year, even with the baby fat. Yes, the 910 is probably a better motorcycle, more money, more torque, bla bla bla. However, the best thing for me? Knowing someday, I'll have a 910 and when I finally get it, I'll be ready for it.
Very well put! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts