MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my big issues with the last F4 (and Ducati's 1198) was the mounting position of the radiator. I know they updated that design with stronger mounts but I'm hoping the new F4 had a better design. Do anyone know?

Also, I was thinking about the new F4's temperature gauge and its lack of numbers. Perhaps, MV's position what that the bike never really overheated but just ran hot as modern sports bikes do. Is there a diagnostic tool that will let you see how hot it’s really getting?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
One of my big issues with the last F4 (and Ducati's 1198) was the mounting position of the radiator. I know they updated that design with stronger mounts but I'm hoping the new F4 had a better design. Do anyone know?

Also, I was thinking about the new F4's temperature gauge and its lack of numbers. Perhaps, MV's position what that the bike never really overheated but just ran hot as modern sports bikes do. Is there a diagnostic tool that will let you see how hot it’s really getting?
Alan, if you search through all the posts around the Milan show you should find pictures of the 'cut away' bike that was displayed there, the rad was very clear with it's two fans.

Temp gauge...........if MV think it's not required I would'nt look too hard for a 'degree' reading, I remember years ago Ford fitted an oil pressure gauge to one of their models, it caused so much trouble with worried customers they removed it the year after and went back to the low pressure warning light,

Another temp gauge that was never fitted was to the cylinder heads on air cooled 911's, thy measured the temp in the oil gallery on the crankcase, head temps could and did reach temps in the very high 100+, typically 170c, Porsche decided not to worry people with that one :jsm:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts