MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering if my Thunder Arrow exhaust is installed properly.

I have the pipes for the Arrow system but I haven't installed them as they appear to be the same dimension than the stock ones.

It seems as it is now, the exhaust is coming over the wheels a little more than what I have seen on other bikes.

Also the can's holder seems to be more at the beginning of the can compared with the other picture where the can's holder is in the middle of the can.

I can't figure why it is different...

Edit: It seems the middle pipe is shorter on the second picture. Yet, that part came with my Arrow system.
Did I installed an incorrect model? They sold different type? Updated model?

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't worry, it's ok mate!
Your link pipe has the lambda sensor bung while the one in the second picture hasn't. That's why yours it's longer and hence the different holding place on the end can (which is the same length in both cases).
Mine it's the same!

Cheers,
Laur.

Here's mine:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
You can't just cut it out, otherwise you lose the spring attachment.
Any welder can weld another piece of bent wire back on for you mate.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't think the shorter midpipe is available anymore, as it doesn't show up on Arrow's website.
You are correct. I made enquiries of Arrow some years ago, no longer available. Was going down the route of what Donsy suggested as preferred the shorter look, but ended up going with the HP Corse system.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It appears Arrow might reproduce them because of a number of inquiries they have received lately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have another question, can you take the rear wheel of without removing the exhaust with this system ? With the orrigional double pipe exhaust I need to remove the 2 cans if I want to remove my wheel.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took my 920 in for a new rear tyre recently, and the rear wheel was removed without removing the ARROW end can

1 - 20 of 21 Posts