MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Turbo329 said:
There's buzz going around saying that the company is experiencing financial hardship.

Is there any credibility to this claim?
The real question is when was the company not experiencing financial hardship? :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Old old story. Got started some time ago. Since then they made a bundle when Proton bailed and recently they sold the Husqvarna portion of the business to BMW which brought a large infusion of cash. Sales are good due to excellent reviews like Masterbike and participation in World Super Stock. Lots of new models coming. They're probably in the best financial position in years.

But who cares. Some of the best bikes I've ever owned and have enjoyed the most were made by companies no longer in existence. They are LOADS of MV's out there. Even if they closed the doors (and the Italian gov't would certainly prevent that) it wouldn't be like looking for spares for an AJS or an OSSA. Not for thirty of forty years, anyway. Ride the thing and quit worrying.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Again? :) I think it's old news too and also think MV is in the best position it's been since it started!

PS: What buzz? I have heard anything recently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Turbo329 said:
There's buzz going around saying that the company is experiencing financial hardship.

Is there any credibility to this claim?
There is no boom-and-bust industry like the Italian motorcycle industry. After a while you learn to appreciate it. God bless people whose passion for what they do can overwhelm the staunchest bean counters. While some middle ground may be preferable, I would sooner have periodic uncertainty versus the Big Three automakers mentality of bean counters run amok resulting in ho-hum product.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They have been trying to sell of a minority stake, to raise more capital Current operating P&L is a small negative with turnaround in 2008. New models, etc in the pipeline, outsourced production for Cagiva, etc.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I heard Ford and Chevy were going to buy them and with MV redesign Chrysler and with the profits from that they will buy Toyota and Honda? JUST STATING FACTS!! GO METS!! :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
CHB said:
JUST STATING FACTS!! GO METS!! :stickpoke
Where exactly are the Mets going to go? :stickpoke

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
For the last seven years they have gone from one financial disaster to another financial disaster, why would any one think they would'nt be in trouble??

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
MV1 said:
Hey do they know the Mets chock all the way in Toyko?

cuz big bobby V coaches the Chiba Lotte Marines!!!! giddyup! (1 hour away)

oh, and yeah, i'm american, i do follow the game from here....a bit...... sadly i'm an orioles fan.... but read nytimes.com....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Oh, ok that's cool. Yeah I'm a Yankee fan (of course), but I was starting to think the choking Mets move was world famous or something.

·
Registered
146 Posts
tjfdesmo said:
There is no boom-and-bust industry like the Italian motorcycle industry. After a while you learn to appreciate it. God bless people whose passion for what they do can overwhelm the staunchest bean counters. While some middle ground may be preferable, I would sooner have periodic uncertainty versus the Big Three automakers mentality of bean counters run amok resulting in ho-hum product.

Amen. And anyway, look at Ford and the other two for that matter. They're all a mess. :violin:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts