MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've a check for $500 with his name on it(if only I knew his last name........)!!

Seriously, maybe Cagiva USA could step in and offer an, at cost, ex-demo/test bike........

Time to shit or get off the pot, methinks....!

This site is SUPERB!

Kevin Hannigan

===================EDIT==================
I have placed netizen's information post here. Laurence (netizen) has volunteered to manage contributions in a paypal account. He is very trusthworthy, and a good friend to mine. We meet up quite often with the rest of the LA group.

The link is here: http://www.mvagusta.net/content/contribution/

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. Everything is done so anonymously, as I have no access to view who has contributed to the fund. Rock on! :yo:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw, the $500 is ONLY for an MV....... don't want him spending it on 'Thunderbird' or illegal substances....... don't want to contribute to moral decline, donncha know...!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
OK...I'm in.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I've been thinking about the same thing. I'm in. keep me posted....

I would expect that many members would be keen to contribute, though at varying amounts. It might be a good idea to get a list of people interested here and then have one person the 'collection guy' or something like that to coordinate things off-line-ish.

good stuff..... !

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toykolunch,

I agree.... I don't want that person to be me..... my 'abscond' instinct would kick in..!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
hahah - great idea.

count me in too.

btw, i think alvin may be further along in this than you guys realize.....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
haha...yes indeed, a tricky position that would be.... :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
i'm in... if we know how many will contribute then we can figure out how much we actually need to put in.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a thought...... nominate SAMSON/JAKE at ProItalia to administer a fund... AFTER they get and guarantee a killer price from Cagiva USA........ If they complain,- Fuck 'em!!

......just a thought!

ps: would give Jake something to do after swanning around Europe for too long.......

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Hey guys, catching up on the thread while busy studying.

Appreciate the thought, BUT i should be able to manage conjuring up cash in the next year working for UCSD and taking on some outside projects! I'm very focused on earning money in general, so I should be able to find a way :conveyer: call me a workaholic if you will.

In the end, it is not OWNING an MV that is important. That will come with time. I love running this site, and am very passionate for the brand, and for what I have created. I'm sure many of you understand the thrill of building something, and seeing so many people be very supportive in the cause. It is my passion!

Thanks again for the thought! I'm sure i'll find the MV of my dreams. I am young, and understand that at my age it takes a bit of extra work to reach a goal!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
owning is not important??!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!
only a non-owner would come up with that!

tell you what. AFTER you have your bike and you've got a few miles on it, i'd like to see you repeat that little line...

alex

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Alvin doesn't have an MV? :eek: That's news to me. I thought that was one of your bikes in your avatar.

Well, maybe we could get a dealership (I'm thinking Pro Italia) to help out. A dealer would have more weight with Cagiva USA and maybe Italy to get a lower price (manufacture's cost) for an MV -especially if it's a 2006. As part of the dealer, maybe that dealer could have a lifetime free membership as a board sponsor and have a banner to their site.

After all, this boards serves as a non-corporate marketing tool for MV Agusta -and there aren't many MV sites left.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
The thing is, is that this site is best without outside influence, unless they were a paying sponsor. Favors don't go so well :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alvin,

With all due respect.....stfu!!

A bunch of where/with/all guys are trying to make there worthless lives(!), more complete!!

Hugs and Kisses!!

Kevin

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Alvin doesn't have an MV? :eek: That's news to me. I thought that was one of your bikes in your avatar.
That would be Altoon (alex) in his neon hazmat suit doing the burnout, twoeleven on his tamburini, and somewhere you can pick out netizen on his 1000 R :drummer:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
......... Favors don't go so well ........

Alvin,

I ABSOLUTELY agree..... however, this is not a Denny Hastert/Tom Delay/$90,000 in the freezer Democrat kinda thing......

..years ago when I was a teenager, I hung out with (their Names Here), at the (Race weekend name Here).....

This is a fantastic forum.... apart from the (un)usual bitchiness(sometimes started by me!).....

It's NOT acceptable that you do not have an MV....... this is NOT about you(!),- it's ALL about the KID's, the Humanity, the Community, AND especially.......the kid's.......... oh AND the Humanity...... the kids..!

K

1 - 20 of 131 Posts