MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MERRY X'MAS!!! helo fellows! just want to ask few questions regarding Brutale:

1. is Brutale good for two-up? (i'm 5'7" & my fiancee 5'4")
2. what options do i need to make Brutale a good SPORT TOURING NAKED BIKE?

Tnx in advance :humpother .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
1. Been told its too hard to sit on, and back pains, i will say its a solo ride. Also with the on/off throttle it can be a little too fun with someone at the back.

2. I think this bike is a pure street fun bike. I will try to go a little further to the summer.

Thats my opinion :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
For the rider it's great--Power, handling, brakes, awesome.
For the passenger, not so much--The pegs are high, asymmetrical (due to the exhaust), and the pillion is not padded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Expert opion: Definitely not...

For #1: A few years a go, we were riding NC mountains, four people on three bikes. I was on the Brutale, another fellow as on a cruiser, and a couple was on a Kawasaki Z1000. The pillion was a 95 lb young lady accustomed to long hours riding twisties and all, she's probably had more hours pillion than some guys have riding.

The cruiser broke down and we had to put two dudes on one bike. There was NO WAY I was going to put the other guy on the back of the Brutale, so I swapped the MV for the Kawi and the couple rode the MV.

After 10 or so miles, the pillion on the MV hated it. She cited the impossibly hard and uncomfortable seat, difficulty hanging on, awkwarndness of the pegs, cramped seating area (her guy is ~280 lbs), and the asymmetrical pegs.

For #2: I use a backpack, no pillion, and a crampbuster for the wrist.

Hope this useful.

Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tnx so much. need some help... what sport touring bike would you recommend - VFR800 abs, ST3 abs, K1200S or... ? tnx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
My wife says it's the most comfortable bike she's been on the back of! She loves to go riding and would go all day everyday if I allowed it!

I've owned nothing but sportbikes prior, but she still never complained on those!

She too loves the Brutale!

It helps to have an experienced passenger. She does ride very well as passenger and makes me look back to make sure she still there sometimes!

Don't listen to these other remarks and don't avoid the Brutale because of them!

It's a great bike for goin' 2 up! But we do 'round town and twisties. Not long distance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
My wife thinks it is better the my Triple was! She doesn't slam foward on me like she used to on my SP3 when decelerating. GREAT BIKE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
What sport touring bike???

Mabuhay said:
tnx so much. need some help... what sport touring bike would you recommend - VFR800 abs, ST3 abs, K1200S or... ? tnx

Triumph Sprint.
Triumph Speed Triple with detachable soft luggage.
Ducati ST 3.
Ducati Multistrada.

I'd put the ST3 at the top with the Sprint or Multistrada second and the Speed Triple last, but not by much.

But I wouldn't recommend a Brutale for any kind of two-up riding. Unless you're passenger is into pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eventhough i put comfy seats on Brutale & change rear suspension for a comfy ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
My girlfriend, about 5'4", 115 lbs., likes it more than my Aprilia Falco, (which suprised me a lot!), the more horizontal seating was better and she slid foward less, she said. Although she is petite and flexible. Not much space there for larger gals- high pegs, small and thinly padded seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
I'm 5'4, my wife 5'5 (yes, she's taller than me) and 115 lbs ('cept for right now, 'cause she's pregnant); It's fine for twisties, around town, but not for touring 2-up (however, it makes a great tourer solo).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tnx alot. maybe i'll use brutale for out of town wd my fiancee & an F4 wn im alon. tnx for ur help. i'm more of a brand... wen it rains... R32 is there. i wnt MV, hehehe. i'll change the suspension for a smoother ride. i'll have both this 2008!!!. tnx a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Mabuhay said:
1. is Brutale good for two-up? (i'm 5'7" & my fiancee 5'4")
it depends on your passenger. if your passenger is used to goldwings, then she'll hate the brutale. if your passenger is used to GSXR's, then she'll have no trouble at all. if your passenger has little experience on the back of a bike, you have about an 80% chance that she'll be quite uncomfortable on it after the first 15 minutes of riding (i think it's just a personality thing). that leaves about 20% of the ladies who will be able to enjoy riding on the back of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
First I must tell, that I DON´T ride (only my scooter :moped: :violin: ...)! But, I´ve been more than 30.000 km`s on the backseat of Ducati 996/998, and, IMO, Brutale is BETTER!!
Only thing, that bothered me was, that the original seat was a bit slippery.
Mike changed the seats for alcantara, and now I have nothing to complain!!! I just ENJOY every kilometer I´m sitting on the backseat of BRUTALE :heart: !!! :f4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
She loves it! Best ride she's ever had.............. he he.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,423 Posts
wife21 said:
First I must tell, that I DON´T ride (only my scooter :moped: :violin: ...)! But, I´ve been more than 30.000 km`s on the backseat of Ducati 996/998, and, IMO, Brutale is BETTER!!
Only thing, that bothered me was, that the original seat was a bit slippery.
Mike changed the seats for alcantara, and now I have nothing to complain!!! I just ENJOY every kilometer I´m sitting on the backseat of BRUTALE :heart: !!! :f4:
I need to find a "Wife21" :love: (which would be my "wife #4"...because the first 3 didn't care much about bikes...after the wedding anyway :banghead: )....do you have a sister? :blush:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
esq'z me said:
I need to find a "Wife21" :love: (which would be my "wife #4"...because the first 3 didn't care much about bikes...after the wedding anyway :banghead: )....do you have a sister? :blush:
I was compelled to dig this up.... :f4:


Wife Software Upgrade
via Ken Kellis

Last year a friend of mine upgraded GirlFriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving very little system resources for other applications. He is only now noticing that Wife 1.0 also is spawning Child-Processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomena was included in the product brochure or the documentation, though other users have informed him that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application. Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself such that it is always lauched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. He's finding that some applications such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all, crashing the system when selected (even though they always worked fine before). At installation, Wife 1.0 provides no option as to the installation of undesired Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw 55.8 and BrotherInLaw Beta release. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day. Some features he'd like to see in the upcoming wife 2.0.

A "Don't remind me again" button; a minimize button; an install shield feature that allows Wife 2.0 be installed with the option to uninstall at anytime without the loss of cache and other system resources; and an option to run the network driver in promiscuous mode which would allow the systems hardware probe feature to be much more useful.

I myself decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 2.0. Even here, however, I found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 2.0 on top of Girlfriend 1.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 first. Other users say this is a long standing bug which I should have been aware of. Apparently the versions of Girlfriend have conficts over shared use of the I/O port. You think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now.

To make matters worse, The uninstall program for Girlfriend 1.0 doesn't work very well leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Another thing that sucks -- all versions of Girlfriend continually popup little annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0


***** BUG WARNING ********

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.


*** BUG WORK-AROUNDS ***************

To avoid the above bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and never run any file transfer applications such as Laplink 6.0. Also, beware of similar shareware applications that have been known to carry viruses that may affect Wife 1.0.

Another solution would be to run Mistress 1.0 via a UseNet provider under an anonymous name. Here again, beware of the viruses which can accidently be downloaded from the UseNet.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top