MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Amer,
No different than any other time, to be honest. How many people do you personally know “in the hospital” with Coronavirus?
I'm in France, and I watch carefully the situation since weeks. Our goverment decided confinement almost two weeks ago, although it may be too late already. This shit has a up to 14 days incubation during which you would not see symptoms... And it begins to be contagious day 2 or 3.

My father contracted it. He was hospitalised tuesday last week, and intubated next day, in artificial coma. They got him woke up on Monday, and while he is better, he is still intubated. As his hospital is in the core of the epidemic area, he is getting transfered today by sanitary train in another hospital in a less affected area. The doctors are giving very few news (we are lucky when my mother is getting a call by day). It's very difficult for my mother. She is likely contaminated and she's alone at home (my brother and I are hundreds of kilometers from there). I wish to noone what is happening to him and my mother.

In short: Stay home, and call you loved ones, tell them to stay home. And if ever you consider doing anything on your bike, keep it restrained to maintenance or cleaning. If you ride (which I clearly not advise you to do), pay attention to the fact that in case of accident, it will require key emergency resources that could be used elsewhere to save lives if it is not saturated already (in which case you will wait long for an ambulance and be dead already)...

#STAYHOME

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was out earlier today in Nor Cal. Light traffic, but far from a ghost town. I just couldn't take it any more. Mid January I saw what was happening in PRC and decided to hunker. I stocked up on good wine, beer, Bourbon, vodka, 420, food, fuel, and ammo. I told my boss I'd be working from home for the foreseeable future. So, I've been hunkered down for 4 weeks at my semi-rural home outside of bay area. I don't miss the Silicon Valley commute traffic, but I sure miss the commute ride, and camaraderie in the office.

So today I said smurf it, I'm riding. After weeks of being holed up, it was like a breath of fresh air. Damn the MV is a fun motorcycle. It was like getting next to an old flame for the first time in too long. Sinfully fun. Showed a Challenger driver that, no, his car is not really that fast. Dipped into some sweet turns, and wheelied out. Rolled to a light and did the 'Yeah, I'm Mr Cool on an fricking awesome Italian motorcycle' thing. Yeah....

Even if this proves to be a disaster, or if it turns out that it's just flu, or anything in between, we need to be cool and not let this break our spirit. At least for now we are not completely locked in. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'm riding more. Damn the torpedoes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm in MA and went for a ride over the weekend. There wasn't much traffic and plenty of police to service us all. They did see me and paid me no mind. I even bit the forbidden fruit and went into RI.
I didn't stop anywhere except for gasoline, so there was no social engagements of any kind which is really what all these actions are trying to prevent. I did see people on the beaches and in parks.......... 6' apart of 6' under

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curb side food pickup and best of all nobody is getting carded for booze in the order, that is for all the under 21's. just in case you don't make it to your next b-day;). My money is the ride will kill me long before the virus..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts