MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone riding for fun now that the California governor has issued a Stay at Home Order?
I would think that just going for a ride would not endanger anyone, especially if the ride starts and stops at your garage. But laws don't have to make sense.
The order that Governor Newsom issued does have enforcement provisions of up to $1000 and up to 6 months in jail. I don't think the CHP or local police will be writing tickets yet, but I would hate to go out for a ride and then get pulled over. They could cite me for loud aftermarket pipes when the real reason for the ticket is "Having fun while everyone else is locked in their homes". :(

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
So, you wouldn’t have to stop for fuel?

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
So, if everyone has your attitude, where are we?

Reactions: Deano and mitchy

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I think stopping for fuel would still not endanger the public, if I wore gloves while refueling.
Do you have 'pay at the pump' in USA where you insert card at the pump and don't have to go into kiosk?

I agree with 'self-isolation' on a bike; I was doing some today. However, we don't have a 'stay at home' order - YET!

Yesterday, all schools closed, restaurants, pubs, cafes, theatres, gyms and leisure centres were ORDERED to close indefinitely. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. It's very uncommon not to have pay at the pump in the US. However, I think in New Jersey they still require that an attendant fills the tank.

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
Those keypads are not just touched by you. Probably one of the most overlooked areas of commerce and containment would be card keypunch keyboards. Think ATM, Gas, Self checkout...and so it grows.

Reactions: Deano and nigelrb

·
Registered
205 Posts
My bike is in a shipping container on its way to our new house in Florida. We had planned on leaving, but bumped it up a few weeks to ensure we got out. Wife secluded her self but I would do the semi daily shopping and Jousting for TP.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I do not recall the last time I heard someone say, 'has the man hassled you'. Thanks for the laugh, Stephen. Not such a good idea having loud pipes when discretion is required.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is more about if you go or break down and the need for critical services and exposure. Anyway Colorado and many other states are soon to follow... stay healthy

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
The gas pump handle is a great transmittal point for the virus !! Wear your gloves, wash your hands. Carry hand sanitizer with you.
I suspect the cops wouldn't bother you...they don't want to expose themselves. And you may be one of those essential workers on his way to work anyway.

Reactions: bogie and DKDravis

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Go for a ride. This in not the plague. People die every day. 191,000 die everyday in the world. No you can't go around like nothing is wrong. Keep your hands washed and away from your face.

Media is proving that people are sheep.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We pulled the pin on the Evacuation plan yesterday. LAX was a ghost town with people wearing masks/gloves, DAL was medium traffic with a few people wearing masks/gloves. MIA ghost town and didnt see a single person wearing a mask. Drove to Naples and bought TP off the shelf in Walmart nobody wearing masks and people are 'social distancing' on the golf course. That is your cross country 'How different parts of the country are reacting' report.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Weekend before last was at the track. No talk about the virus at all, just bikes - blissful. This past weekend rode Malibu canyons on Saturday & Sunday. Plenty of others came out to ride, even though the Rock Store was closed. Maybe thats why so many were on the road rather than jaw jacking over coffee. I do wonder, given the current situation, will LEO move to close the canyon roads to non-residents? Hope not...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone riding for fun now that the California governor has issued a Stay at Home Order?
I would think that just going for a ride would not endanger anyone, especially if the ride starts and stops at your garage. But laws don't have to make sense.
The order that Governor Newsom issued does have enforcement provisions of up to $1000 and up to 6 months in jail. I don't think the CHP or local police will be writing tickets yet, but I would hate to go out for a ride and then get pulled over. They could cite me for loud aftermarket pipes when the real reason for the ticket is "Having fun while everyone else is locked in their homes". :(
Hell YES! I live 30 miles southeast of SF and I have no worries to get out and ride. It's an ideal time to ride, fewer idiots on the roads. Our f'ing Governor can choke on a bag of dicks! I'm washing my hands about every 15 min and I avoid picking my nose. I won't live my life in fear, I just take the appropriate actions needed to avoid getting it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sheep? Nurses and docs on the front line would disagree.
Keep in mind and god forbid, you wreck and end up in the hospital, you are taking away resources from those who need it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Amer,
No different than any other time, to be honest. How many people do you personally know “in the hospital” with Coronavirus?

·
Registered
422 Posts
@Scottlarson737 Yes I happen to know several in the hospital from this virus and I also come from a family of first responders. The fact the we have no cure and hospitals across the world are inundated speaks volumes. Yes we'll eventually figure this out, but why take the chance, it's hopefully temporary. Don't be a part of the problem, but the solution.

Staying home so other's ppl can do their jobs seems more important.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts