MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty much sold on the idea of trading in my '00 F4S on a new F4, (at least I've an itch for it I can't seem to scratch), but last years models are still available new for £12k, as opposed to £13.5k for the 2013.

Are the updates really worth the difference?

( I just wrote a lengthy paragraph on how I don't like this year's colour options and wheels but for the sake of not offending anyone who likes them, I've deleted it! Lets just say when it comes to looks, I'm wondering whether the better looks (in my eyes) of last year's models might make up for the older spec! )

Si

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If cost/benefit were really a factor, I'd be keeping the 750. ;)

I'm just wondering if there's anyone who's spent a bit of time on both the 2013 and 2012?

Also - was the F4 unchanged between 2010 and 2012?

Si

·
Registered
938 Posts
All good questions! I'd be curious to hear from someone with experience too.

As far as the color: :moon: No offense taken! :stickpoke

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are comparing 2012 to 2013 you need to compare at least the 2012 F4R with the 2013 F4 standard as then they both have the corsa corta motor. so then the differences are RBW, the full electronics package, the trimmed down exhaust, new wheels and some minor styling changes. Have only test ridden 2012 standard F4 and I have about 1500km up on my standard 2013 F4.
Can tell you that the new bike is a lot easier to ride and the improved fuelling and the lighter throttle action make it a lot more fun and less taxing to ride.
If there is only 1500 difference between the two, I know where my money would be.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you are comparing 2012 to 2013 you need to compare at least the 2012 F4R with the 2013 F4 standard as then they both have the corsa corta motor. so then the differences are RBW,
So the 2012 base F4 had a lesser motor?
I'm being told that there's no factory exhaust for the 2013 yet and there is none shown on the MV website but if the bike (motor) is exactly like the 2012 F4R......seems like it would be the same part.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a 2012 rr
And just for the heck of it I was able to ride a 2013 rr
And a 2013 r
On the street I see no difference between all 3
The 2013 rr has electronic suspension but its kind of a pain in the ass to use
But the 2013 models do have more styling to them
The daytime running lites are pretty cool!!
So for 1500.00 extra it's all about the newest style I guess.
( In my opinion)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lesser by MV standards, but still 180+hp. It was still 1000cc just not the Corsa Corta (short stroke) motor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
All good questions! I'd be curious to hear from someone with experience too.

As far as the color: :moon: No offense taken! :stickpoke
I have both a my2010 and a 2013rr the differences are striking- just th throttl control by wire would be worth the extra thousand quid dude,

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the feedback folks. I've made a decision and raided the piggy bank.

On balance, though there are a lot of neat, useful new technologies in the '13 bikes, the deal to be had on an unregistered '11 spec F4 won out. I've bought one in the silver/grey with the red frame. I should have in within the next week. (I've not been into the garage yet to break the news to the 750. It'll be emotional! ;)

Si

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback folks. I've made a decision and raided the piggy bank.

On balance, though there are a lot of neat, useful new technologies in the '13 bikes, the deal to be had on an unregistered '11 spec F4 won out. I've bought one in the silver/grey with the red frame. I should have in within the next week. (I've not been into the garage yet to break the news to the 750. It'll be emotional! ;)

Si
When one door closes another door opens. Your 750 will provide someone decades of pleasure and joy. Think it of an opportunity for both of you. Do your 750 a favor and make sure someone who truly appreciates the bike gets it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts