MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the bike (1090RR) is still being a little temperamental on start up and sounds a little lumpy on tickover despite being tuned to within an inch of its life. lts done over 10,000 miles now so its due a service and new plugs which is being done on Thursday.

Question: Do I fit iridium plugs or standard? I've read a couple of posts which say the iridium plugs cured the stalling issue on the 1078's but my technician says the iridium plugs can be problematic and tend not to last very long.

Anyone with experience of the iridium's?

·
Vendor
5,371 Posts
I fitted Iridium plugs to my 1078 and it cured my stalling issues.Iridium plugs last 100,000kms in cars so they should last the same in bikes,I have not heard any bad reports about them,only good.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Spend the coins on iridium....check prices, you can buy the correct NGK iridium plugs at almost any Japanese bike shop and many auto parts stores as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I fitted Iridium plugs to my 1078 and it cured my stalling issues.Iridium plugs last 100,000kms in cars so they should last the same in bikes,I have not heard any bad reports about them,only good.
+1

·
Registered
80 Posts
Iridium plugs have a very small focal point and if you are using them in unusually hard engine conditions they are more likely to loose their iridium point. Then everything goes to hell quick. As I doubt you are using nitrous or big boost, the Iridium plugs should be fine in a naturally aspirated motorcycle engine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies.
Had the plugs fitted yesterday and took it for a "Spirited" ride. Difference is very noticeable, smooth on tickover and all the way up the rev range. Covered about 60 miles and it didn't cough once, no stalling issues and it now starts first time, every time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts