MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to ALL...

Im currently based in Tokyo right now, been riding for about 3-years - standard naked, tourers and sports bikes... Currently owning a Kawasaki Ninja 1000...

In a few weeks, I will be migrating to SoCal (LA county) - and I feel that this is the right time to get the motorcycle of my dreams (NICE bikes, ie., MV Agusta, Ducati, Bimota, etc. are way OVERpriced in Japan)!

Im looking at the F3 800...!?!

Which is the major reason I joined this thread - to learn more about the bike, MV Agusta in general; and the ins-and-outs of owning/maintaining a bike in LA (shops, dealers, after parts, etc.).

I also see that there are regular rides with you guys, and once I get my own - hoping to someday ride with you...

Cheers!

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Welcome to the family!! You have more choices for dealers in So Cal than most of the country.....I'm on the right side of the country, though....so I'll defer advice to those guys on the left coast.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Not really over priced, I bought my first F4 from Red Baron on Route 16. Where you stationed/ what branch? Also, it's extremely difficult and pricy to import a bike (or car for that matter) into CA. I'm from there, trust me. Just buy one when you get to CA. I recommend Moto Forza in Escondido. A bit of a drive from LA, but worth it. Those guys are awesome and they hooked me up big time. Also, before you leave Japan, stop by the Moto Corse shop in Tokyo. There's another down the Tomei Expressway (the 3), but it's more of a work shop. I suggest picking up some fancy parts before you have to deal with shipping and import fees.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not really over priced, I bought my first F4 from Red Baron on Route 16.
I saw online a new base model F4 in Japan going for $30,670. It wasn't at Red Baron but it still seems over priced to me. Can I ask how much did you get yours for.

As for picking up a F3 800 I would say that your better off getting it in the states but it seems like you will have a long wait for its US release. It would be nice if they had them for sale now.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I picked up my 2002 F4 750 Diamanté biposto with 3,800 clicks on the clock for about ¥1400000 back in 2006. And that was when the exchange rate was around ¥1.29 to the dollar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts