MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations! I just joined this esteemed gathering and am in search of elucidation. I currently ride a BMW R1100S and am interested in switching to a Brutale. I want something that is lighter weight and handles well. Some degree of reliability is a big plus, I ride year round butt no longer need to commute.
I live in Portland, Oregon, so the local dealer is Moto Corsa. They seem to be quite the Ducati dealership, I hope they have MV competency!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome

MotoCorsa know their stuff, number one Duc store in North America. Talk to Jason if you are looking for a new bike, Todd for used. Todd is the man, will tell it to you straight.
I bought mine used in Seattle, as MotoCorsa didn't have what I was looking for.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome

get a Brutale, you'll never look back

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
welcome ,brut anyday,loads of fun.:mouthwate

I had a go on a ducati 848 the other day on a 400km ride I was red lininig it in just about every gear, very annoying ,give me back my mv 1078.:)

cheers eddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome! I intend to go to Moto Corsa tomorrow and kick some tires. My dear departed mothers house is in the process of selling, and if all goes well I will have a handful of cash to play with!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Greetings and salutations! I just joined this esteemed gathering and am in search of elucidation. I currently ride a BMW R1100S and am interested in switching to a Brutale. I want something that is lighter weight and handles well. Some degree of reliability is a big plus, I ride year round butt no longer need to commute.
I live in Portland, Oregon, so the local dealer is Moto Corsa. They seem to be quite the Ducati dealership, I hope they have MV competency!
Welcome, I think you may need to ride a Brutale before making the switch, the BMW and MV are both great bikes in their own right but completely different, one is very user friendly and the other is very focused, am sure we all know which is which!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome

Welcome brother. As stated above, go for a test ride. And be weary of those F4 riders. They have been known to question Brutale rider's sexual preference. Just remember, it's all in jest and some of the commentary is absolutely hilarious.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Welcome Spike - a suggestion - if you've got the cash

Upgrade the R1100s to the 1000RR (for all your track work) and add a Brutale 1078/1090 :yo: for whoohooo fun factor, surely the garage is large enough for at least two Mistresses :stickpoke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just room for one, I don't do track days so I just need something for all around driving. I put a bunch of miles on K1200RS Beemers, grinding the sides off of the tires. I have been riding well over my head for the last 45 years and feel pretty adaptable. Up here in the PMW we have plenty of interesting roads, some not so smooth, and one of the good things about the R11S is that you can hammer it over bumpy surfaces.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Well definitely the 1078 / 1090 is your choice of weapon.... some might steer you towards a 910R (an excellent recommendation) but I'd choose one of the above - test ride both and make up your own mind obviously.
IMO summary
1078 - pinnacle of the third generation of Brutales, an absolute beast that carves and punches
1090 - slightly more refined (plush?), some would say a calmer version - more linear delivery of power 5 years development advancements on the 1078, still cuts up the twisties

Both are great for street and/or track

Both models are on my own upgrade list (from my trusty the B4 - 750s)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
bumpy roads ,definetly not the 1078,unless you have dollars to spend on the suspension,the 1090 is much better suited to bumpy roads/
cheers eddy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Indeed the 1090 is more bumpy friendly. But it will fry you up if you try to commute with it. IMHO, the factory temperature for the fans to kick in is too high. When they start, the temperature does not increase, but what is the point of stabilizing it when you "eggs" are already frying?

On winter though, it will awesome!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome Spike. Have fun here.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Brutie's are the best.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought a very gently pre-owned but blinged out Brutale 1090RR from Todd at MotoCorsa last August (previously PortlandUsedBikes now Turn2). I already put over 2000 miles of commute, twisties week-end riding and minor touring and this is a fantastic machine (I was coming from a Brutale S) and all the kinks of the previous model have been ironed out as far as I am concerned. I believe I found the perfect bike (for me) and it doesn't hurt that it looks sexy as hell (plus you don't see a handful parked at every corner).

I can tell you that this has been my best vehicle purchasing experience ever. Todd was professional and friendly, super responsive, no BS and not pushy and clearly passionate and knowledgeable about motorcycles. I would fly to Portland and buy a motorcycle from him again without a hesitation if I needed to. If you don't mind getting something lightly used for a significant price savings, put a bug in his ear about the 2010+ Brutale model. You can see mine here: http://turn2motorcycles.com/sold_bike/2010-mv-agusta-brutale-1090rr

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I bought a very gently pre-owned but blinged out Brutale 1090RR from Todd at MotoCorsa last August (previously PortlandUsedBikes now Turn2). I already put over 2000 miles of commute, twisties week-end riding and minor touring and this is a fantastic machine (I was coming from a Brutale S) and all the kinks of the previous model have been ironed out as far as I am concerned. I believe I found the perfect bike (for me) and it doesn't hurt that it looks sexy as hell (plus you don't see a handful parked at every corner).

I can tell you that this has been my best vehicle purchasing experience ever. Todd was professional and friendly, super responsive, no BS and not pushy and clearly passionate and knowledgeable about motorcycles. I would fly to Portland and buy a motorcycle from him again without a hesitation if I needed to. If you don't mind getting something lightly used for a significant price savings, put a bug in his ear about the 2010+ Brutale model. You can see mine here: http://turn2motorcycles.com/sold_bike/2010-mv-agusta-brutale-1090rr
:yo::yo::yo:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ww, Pierre, you really scored on that one! I should be so lucky!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Spike,
i have had 4 generations of MV the first was one was one of the first in the UK and was the original F4 750 awesome bike no complaints from me, since moving to Oz where the speeds allowed on the roads are much lower i had 2 Brutes 750's ( one was stolen and replaced by another one!) then upgraded to a 910R again awesome bike way different to the 750 and now i have a 1090RR again different to the 910R and much more civilised but now i have removed teh CAT the beast is coming out, and tell the truth i couldnt go back to the old Brute, i'm in love with new one and soon everybody will see why!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts