MV Agusta Forum banner

Introduction / New F4 Owner

3K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  gotojoe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone. I joined a few weeks ago and have been reading and learning, waiting for my first MV to arrive. Today a 2005 F41000S that I purchased sight unseen off of the internet arrived. This is just a gorgeous machine. In excellent condition and only 4600 miles. Went for my first ride this afternoon and was really impressed.

This is my very first sport bike. I am 47 and started riding 9 years ago. This is the 6th motorcycle I have purchased. Most of the others have been boxer twin BMWs. I wanted to buy a sport bike before I was too old to deal with the seating position and all that. Was set on a Ducati and researched those all winter. Never found the right one at the right price and then started thinking about MV Agusta. The idea of a four cylinder machine was appealing as I have never had one. Liked the idea of them being way more unusual than a Duc - I like owning stuff a bit different than the usual. Nothing wrong with Harleys, 67-69 Camaros and 55-57 Chevys but everyone has one.

It mostly came down to looks and sound. Seems all modern sport bikes are insanely fast and capable. The F4 is just crazy sexy and the scream from those four pipes.....

See less See more
#2 ·
I like owning stuff a bit different than the usual.
It mostly came doen to looks and sound. Seems all modern sport bikes are insanely fast and capable. The F4 is just crazy sexy and the scream from those four pipes.....
Welcome to the forums. I'm like you, I like the unusual and exotic, and the MV sure is pretty!

Nice example of an F4 you chose for yourself, take care on that beast.

#3 ·
Congrats on your first MV! The '05 with silver star wheels is an iconic choice, and you'll learn much around here. And, BTW, nice 3.2 Carrera. Props to anyone who appreciates a pre-964 Series model. :smoking:

#6 ·
Welcome to the family....wrong color Sox....:stickpoke:smoking:

#9 ·
Great first post and welcome to the forum, congrats on the new ride!

#15 ·
Funny because I have a brother that lives in Holland, MI and I grew up in Northern Indiana.....just outside of Chi-town. (But, shhh..I'm a Cubbies fan.)

#29 · (Edited)
Ha ha Chuck, I'll keep that under my hat next time you visit Lynn :naughty:

OP , Your bike is great and yes it does look special in its's original trim...If you do any upgrades it makes sense to keep the original parts as they are part of the original ...

As for riding in the rain, I don't go looking for it but in the British Isles it is inevitable that you will be caught at some point. They are green for a reason ; )

Muddy roads would be more of an issue but in my experience having been caught in a few rains storms of Biblical proportions, The F4 with her fully faired config. just shrugs the rain off. As long as the bike is nicely waxed to start with and has a rear hugger ( important ), there is no degradation.

I do agree with you on keeping an F4 detailed as you Americans say...I have 2 - F4s and it is basically one out on the road per season with the 2nd in the workshop being cleaned and in depth service..ie not just an oil change and that'll do mentality..

and yes " Go Sox" ha ha..I saw trophy a while back when they won the World series after 90 odd years...

Boston is kind of a "home from home" for me.

joe

#24 ·
Enjoy the F4 for a few years and then you'll get the Brutale. Same sound, same speed, same sexiness, a lot more comfortable.
Way more sexiness......:smoking:

#23 ·
Welcome to the best bike forum. Congrats for the red/silver choice, still my fav.

#27 · (Edited)
Sox Fan: "Just need the weather here in Michigan to improve. Lots of rain lately."

Are you another one who won't ride in the rain?
I know I won't, unless I have to.
I wonder how many of us, not including those doing a spot of touring or it's your daily bike(where you have to except you may well encounter wet conditions) will actually choose to go for a spin in the wet?

I would of thought out of the many bike owners out there, the one's with Italian bikes are the one's most likely wanting to avoid wet weather.

I have finally got the last problems with the Italian mistress sorted, the pulled ligament in my foot has finally healed(after 7 weeks) so I can now put my foot in my motorcycle boot. And all the new motorcycle leathers boots and gloves I started ordering back in February are more or less here with the adjustments finally finished, so I want to start breaking them in. I also want to start on the chicken strips on my new tyres.

Last day at work it was a sunny 18C day, in England, in April, that's glorious weather, this is why us Brits often talk of the weather, sunshine + heat is such a rarity.
Upon my first day off work the weather turns to crap. Lots of patience is needed one thinks!
I would say that in a 'good' British summer, we will 'never' get more than 2 weeks of sunshine in one go more than once in that summer.

#28 ·
Sox Fan: "Just need the weather here in Michigan to improve. Lots of rain lately."

Are you another one who won't ride in the rain?
I know I won't, unless I have to.
I don't think I will ever take the F4 out in the rain on purpose. I also own a BMW GSA and that bike is great in foul weather. Have had quite a few fun rides in the rain on that bike and on a BMW RT I used to own. I have heated gear and will ride at 35 degrees and ride dirt roads in the rain and all that fun BMW stuff.

The F4 just wouldn't, to me, be fun in the rain. And for me at least, it's the kind of machine that should be kept clean and detailed pretty much all the time. Ferraris look bad dirty. A BMW GSA actually looks great covered in mud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.