MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone. I joined a few weeks ago and have been reading and learning, waiting for my first MV to arrive. Today a 2005 F41000S that I purchased sight unseen off of the internet arrived. This is just a gorgeous machine. In excellent condition and only 4600 miles. Went for my first ride this afternoon and was really impressed.

This is my very first sport bike. I am 47 and started riding 9 years ago. This is the 6th motorcycle I have purchased. Most of the others have been boxer twin BMWs. I wanted to buy a sport bike before I was too old to deal with the seating position and all that. Was set on a Ducati and researched those all winter. Never found the right one at the right price and then started thinking about MV Agusta. The idea of a four cylinder machine was appealing as I have never had one. Liked the idea of them being way more unusual than a Duc - I like owning stuff a bit different than the usual. Nothing wrong with Harleys, 67-69 Camaros and 55-57 Chevys but everyone has one.

It mostly came down to looks and sound. Seems all modern sport bikes are insanely fast and capable. The F4 is just crazy sexy and the scream from those four pipes.....

·
Registered
922 Posts
I like owning stuff a bit different than the usual.
It mostly came doen to looks and sound. Seems all modern sport bikes are insanely fast and capable. The F4 is just crazy sexy and the scream from those four pipes.....
Welcome to the forums. I'm like you, I like the unusual and exotic, and the MV sure is pretty!

Nice example of an F4 you chose for yourself, take care on that beast.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Congrats on your first MV! The '05 with silver star wheels is an iconic choice, and you'll learn much around here. And, BTW, nice 3.2 Carrera. Props to anyone who appreciates a pre-964 Series model. :smoking:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nice choice. Welcome to the family.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Welcome to the family....wrong color Sox....:stickpoke:smoking:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Great first post and welcome to the forum, congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
And, BTW, nice 3.2 Carrera. Props to anyone who appreciates a pre-964 Series model. :smoking:
Showoff......:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Funny because I have a brother that lives in Holland, MI and I grew up in Northern Indiana.....just outside of Chi-town. (But, shhh..I'm a Cubbies fan.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts