MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm about to enter the world of MV Agusta ,albeit with a twinge of youthful excitement. I've lovingly owned a '93 ss for 16 or so years and have decided to upgrade.
I've been shopping around for about a year or so, test riding this and test riding that. Panigale, BMW1000rr, 1098. To be honest I'm a little bored with the Ducati's. The Panigale was pretty stimulating but I didn't seem to fit on it to well (I'm 6'2"). I've entertained the idea of a Japanese marque but I know after a while it's not going to give the satisfaction that the Duc has done over the years. The Beemer felt really nice and went like a shower of sh*t (fast)

Anyway, I took a 312 r for a test ride last weekend and wow! it was like how I felt when I first rode a Duc for the first time... Very, very nice. It was generating some heat but I see in the forum that there are ways around the problem.
I Have a question, what does the 1 plus 1 mean?
Looks like there's some great, knowledgeable people amongst you all and I'm looking forward to finally getting a bike that I'm really going to enjoy and being part of it.

Steve

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
Welcome Steve,you will love being a proud owner of a MV.:mouthwate

·
Registered
517 Posts
I went from a Duc to an Aprilia to an MV. Love the MV. Welcome to the "family".

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome. MV and Ducati forever. Maybe Aprilia too. MVs are the prettiest of the bunch. Nothing prettier. I'll say it again, nothing prettier!!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it!!

Hey everyone,
picked up my '08 312r Friday morning, had to return it that arvo with a front indicator issue. Not a big one and the guys at the shop(Dale Britton) had it sorted fairly quickly(contacts in the nose cone assembly) and had me on my way.
Have been out a couple of times the last few days getting to know my new ride. I have found that the cooling fans have been upgraded so in time I'll upgrade the water pump. The weather here in Perth has been fairly cool so the overheating issue hasn't reared it's ugly head.
Compared to the 900ss this is one hell of a bike in every way and is hard to ride in confined conditions like the city and surrounds. I'm looking forward to getting it back home in the Southwest and amongst the open mountain roads.
I know I'm just gonna be lovin' it.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Welcome. Nice F4. I would switch out the silver covers below the tank to black to match the side panels. It will make it flow nicer.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve, and welcome to the WA group of MV riders. Since you're down South you'd probably be doing a bit of your own maintenance work, make sure you download the workshop manuals and have a good read through them.
If you need a anything, please feel free to give me a ring, I'm up in Bunbury.
I see the bike has had some panels swapped out, have a look throughout and make sure all is good.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Hey everyone,
picked up my '08 312r Friday morning, had to return it that arvo with a front indicator issue. Not a big one and the guys at the shop(Dale Britton) had it sorted fairly quickly(contacts in the nose cone assembly) and had me on my way.
Have been out a couple of times the last few days getting to know my new ride. I have found that the cooling fans have been upgraded so in time I'll upgrade the water pump. The weather here in Perth has been fairly cool so the overheating issue hasn't reared it's ugly head.
Compared to the 900ss this is one hell of a bike in every way and is hard to ride in confined conditions like the city and surrounds. I'm looking forward to getting it back home in the Southwest and amongst the open mountain roads.
I know I'm just gonna be lovin' it.:D
I'd always wondered what a red R or 312R would look like with all the silver as black. Yours is very close, and I like it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum Steve, and welcome to the WA group of MV riders. Since you're down South you'd probably be doing a bit of your own maintenance work, make sure you download the workshop manuals and have a good read through them.
If you need a anything, please feel free to give me a ring, I'm up in Bunbury.
I see the bike has had some panels swapped out, have a look throughout and make sure all is good.
Thanks Donsy,
Yeah, I figured the original panels would have been damaged and have had a good look around and all seems good so far.
This bike will be a whole other world as far as maintenance goes compared to the SS, so I'll be keeping in close contact with the resources available on this website and your offer.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts