MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Stumbled across your forum here, very nice and lots of knowledge to be gained for sure. I've been poking around some.
I'm 55 and I have been riding for 40years. Most recently, a Triumph thunderbird storm, Street Triple R, Bennelli TNR 1130 etc.etc.

I really miss my Street Triple and I am considering the new F3 but when it comes out "Naked". So my question is: in the past when MV transforms a bike model into a Brutale version do they retune the engine for more low end torque?

We just recently had a local dealership pick up the MV line and I have always admired the brand. I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada BTW.
My local dealer had the F3 for all of a day and I couldn't make it out for a look. The pics and info on this site all indicate it's a winner for sure.

Looking to gaining more info and knowledge about these amazing bikes

Gary

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Gary !

Welcome on the forum ! I am at the moment waiting for delivery of my B3. It looks even nicer than the Street Triple, if you ask me .... ;-)

But to answer your question, this is indeed de case for the new 3 cylinder, 675 engines :

Brutale 675
TOTAL DISPLACEMENT675 cm3 (41.2 cu. in.)
MAX. HORSE POWER-R.P.M. (AT THE CRANKSHAFT)80.9 kW (108.5 HP) at 12600 r.p.m.MAX. TORQUE-R.P.M.63.6 Nm (6.49 kgm) at 8600 r.p.m.

F3
TOTAL DISPLACEMENT675 cm3 (41.2 cu. in.)
MAX. HORSE POWER-R.P.M. (AT THE CRANKSHAFT)94.2 kW (126 HP) at 14400 r.p.m.MAX. TORQUE-R.P.M.71 Nm (7.24 kgm) at 10600 r.p.m.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I was unable to find those specs. Sounds very encouraging.
Of course I will be anxious to take one for a road test when they become available.

·
Administrator
20,423 Posts
Welcome to our little family/forum. The Brutales have traditionally been tuned for more mid-range and real world power vs the all out race track power of the F4s....however, there has never been a compromise in handling, suspension or power delivery.

The F4 is a wicked all out race track oriented bike...the Brutale is an urban Hooligan. But where the Japanese have dumbded down their naked bikes, MV does not.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to our little family/forum. The Brutales have traditionally been tuned for more mid-range and real world power vs the all out race track power of the F4s....however, there has never been a compromise in handling, suspension or power delivery.

The F4 is a wicked all out race track oriented bike...the Brutale is an urban Hooligan. But where the Japanese have dumbded down their naked bikes, MV does not.
"An urban hooligan ...", sounds nice ! :-]

·
Registered
7,804 Posts

Listen to what Ed says. He has been around bikes his entire life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks Ed that's exactly what I was hoping for. Useable midrange for street without a compromise in handling or suspension ...perfect.

All too often when a full faired bike is turned into a "naked bike" we don't see the same level of brakes or suspension.

Now all I have to do is wait for it's release in Canada.
Gary

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Listen to what Ed says.......
......except about women and politics.:naughty:

Thinking about that, I wouldn't listen to much of anyone here on those two subjects....me included.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts