MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I personally have 4 helmets and they just accumalated over the years.

1. X-lite
2. Momo
3. Ducati corse
4. Arai RX7

What and how many helmets do you guys have?

Al

·
Registered
82 Posts
HMMMMMMM, lets see here. 35 helmets total. I'll just list the street helmets though.

8 KBC/Force/VR1/VR2
5 Suomy/Exteme
3 Aria/Quantam/Signet
2 HJC/ AC-12/CR-s1
1 AGV/ Rossi Gothic
1 Shoei/x11

:stickpoke

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
WOW,I thought I had a few.....but now i realize I dont,LOL!
3-Suomy spec 1R,Hodgson,Xaus,Bostrom Tatoo
1-Scorpion EXO400-um its red and black
2-HJC AC11-creature and solid yellow

I really like the Suomys!!!! But the Scorpion is a decent helmet for the money!!

I need to go buy some more helmets,disregarding my wifes thoughts on the matter....now i have a mission to get 36!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need to go buy some more helmets,disregarding my wifes thoughts on the matter....now i have a mission to get 36!!

Yeh, my wife has finally asked me to stop buying helmets. She says if I buy one more car, truck, motorcycle or helmet then there will be an intervention.:jsm: :banghead::bash::cussing::argue::cry::bawling::stopp::errr::shocker::rant:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a custom black widow Shoei RF 1000 .....a crashed arai lol Looking to replace it with a new one..............^^^^^ if your having a garage sale call me !!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I've got:

2 Suomy's
1 Shoei X-11
1 OGK FF-5

I've also had Arai and AGV helmets. I love the Suomy's, but my absolute favorite is the OGK FF-5-- superior in every way (fit, finish, wind noise, visibility, ease of faceshield swap).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
AGV GP PRO, ARAI RX 7, (sold it today), looking to buy ARAI Corsair V, ,but I'll wait to see if they come out with a good design. don't like ANY .

·
Administrator
18,844 Posts
Not sure how I came to have so many...
Arai RX7
Arai Quantum II
Shoei RF-1000 x 2
Bell Star
Shoei RJ open face

I wear the Bell Star most of the time when it's hot because it really has great ventilation and it is very light weight...but ear plugs are required.

I wear the Arais when weather is cooler...the RX7 on the track and the Quantum II on the streets...it's just a color thing.

I should sell one of the Shoei RF-1000's. Silly to have 2, and I only wear one occasionally while at work.

The Open face is for putting around town on my 1971 Honda CB100.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Arai Condor, HJC, Shoei

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got:

2 Suomy's
1 Shoei X-11
1 OGK FF-5

I've also had Arai and AGV helmets. I love the Suomy's, but my absolute favorite is the OGK FF-5-- superior in every way (fit, finish, wind noise, visibility, ease of faceshield swap).
I'm not familiar with the OGK. Do you have a pic of it?http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/ogk-ff-5/ Ah yes, very nice lid . I just did a search and found it. Looks like they don't sell them in the States yet, but I think I can get one from E-bay. The wifey would have a fit if I bought another helmet at this time so i'll have to put it on my Christmas list. I do like the look of it and the review on it was excellent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a custom black widow Shoei RF 1000 .....a crashed arai lol Looking to replace it with a new one..............^^^^^ if your having a garage sale call me !!
:idea:Thats it, maybe if I sell you a helmet then maybe my wife will be cool with me replacing it with one of the OGK FF5 helmets that G Rand says is his pick of the litter.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Corey,

You've got everything BUT the OGK lid..... you definitely need at least one to complete your collection. I do highly recommend the FF-5, and I am not alone..... the FF-5 came recommended to me by another forum member here (Netizen) who has had many top-shelf helmets (including the Carbon Fiber Vemar, and several other "exotics") ... he couldn't praise it enough, nor can I.

You're right -- it's an eBay transaction away -- they don't have distributorship in the US yet. The sizing runs just a tad on the large size. In the Suomy brand I wear a medium and the helmet fits as it should -- snug. When I received the OGK in a medium size, I noticed that the cheek pads weren't fitting as snugly as I had hoped, so I ordered another set of cheekpads that were larger in size -- removing the slack. Now the helmet fits as it should -- maybe a tad bit better than the Suomy.
It's nice not seeing your helmet on 10 other riders when you hit the canyons, too.

The alcantera liner is plush, and you'll love the way the faceshield snaps on/off the helmet. Really easy -- and quick, too. The sellers on eBay were good, too....very responsive, and parts seem readily available.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts