MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if this doesn't make you feel better about MV and the future then you should just go buy one of those ugly BMWs that are everywhere these days. :stickpoke

Link to Cycle News today. Great read and very uplifting for all of us, I believe.
:) Tried to copy it and upload, but could not make it happen. I do have it saved as a PDF file. Could email it to anyone that wants it, just PM me.

http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20110830/#pg59

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
+10

Works for me ED, thanks for that, too many profit's of doom on here lately. BMW, haha, if Adolf won't ride one......:naughty:
It downloads perfectly ED, cheers.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for posting Ed!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Summary

I agree with you all that it's interesting. Here are the highlights:

1) Bordi's Bio
2) Liquidating current inventory of 1000 of which 500 were holdover models (this might explain all those brand new models which appeared over the past few years, including OROs and CCs.
3) Downsizing staff, streamlining, restructuring.
4) MV Agusta is in the best position financially that the company has ever been - I am a genius! We are cash rich and "still" have zero debt.
5) Projected production for the next few years; 400 per month for the rest of the year; 500/month in 2012; 800/month by 2013; 1600/month by ? based on customer perception.
6) F4RR at 400/year at $37,000 (says it is not a limited edition)
7) F3 production - December for Oro at $39,000
8) Standard F3 production - January at $19,000
9) Brutale 3 production - March/April
10) Overseas assembly - Brazil and China (not clear if he refers to China as distributor only)
11) Race Team - We will enter as soon as possible.
12) F3 Supermoto Racer - The closest he got was saying that they would support but not be directly involved.
13) Date MV will start racing - I cannot say. Anybody want to buy some wine?

Great response on the production road map, including dates, production numbers and prices. I was disappointed that parts and quality issues were not addressed or acknowledged. If the company is so financially healthy, get a race team going or at least provide a timeline. The main thing I took away from this is that he views the upcoming models as the new beginning/turning point for MV.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Ed, great read!

Almost had me sobbing and crying out for joy at the same time, feeling part of a very beautiful story.
Bordi for President and Cathcart for Marketing Consultant! :yo:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thanks Ed, great read!

Almost had me sobbing and crying out for joy at the same time, feeling part of a very beautiful story.
Bordi for President and Cathcart for Marketing Consultant! :yo:
Almost sobbing, not me, but lucky I only have to type this, big lump in throat. I hope they can make it work, for all the old supporters and the new one's. I know I will keep spreading the MV love.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Thank you for posting this Ed.

He sounds, cocky, arrogant, and experienced. Exactly what the company needs.

I don't think it's any big secret I was sceptical. I'll be the first to admit I feel much more confident in the company since reading this article.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
He sounds like someone who has successfully done it all before.

Knows where its going and is making it his own next personal success project, only after careful consideration of it being possible.
I agree. I haven't heard about Bordi before he joinde MV, but he is the guy about whom you say: ''this guys really knows his sh*t''.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts

I don't think it's any big secret I was sceptical. I'll be the first to admit I feel much more confident in the company since reading this article.
Indeed a great read. Thanks Ed, thank you so much. It is so refreshing to find someone finding positive stuff and posting that up!:yo:

I continually get riled at the negative, toxic naysayers, it literally gets on my tits and as much as I try to play it cool & let it slide I just can't. Negativity is toxic and counterproductive in every facet of life, I hate it when it touches my life & I loathe it online beacuse it is faceless & gutless - in fact, I am very tolerant of all things & lifestyles but negativity is achillies heel.

Meeting these people last year just multiplied my already burning passion by an infinite number. Bordi was lured out of retirement by the recently departed Claudio (I saw them in a meeting whilst I was there) - he was a shrewd man in many ways & I think he knew his days were numbered - his succession plan is clearly in evidence. Don't worry about Giovanni either, that young man has the goods, his is undoubtably his father's son.

Carl, I told you in the other thread (the negative one) that I had NO doubt and I don't - being sceptical is ok , nothing wrong with that & it if it engenders decent contructive discussion I am all for it.

Unfortunately, it seems to bring out the naysayers with nothing constructive to add but rather seem hell bent on giving legs to whatever story is counterproductive to the future of a company that is close to my heart.

The slanderous remark about Giovanni Castiglioni in the other thread is boardline sueable - certainly in this country it would be. What I fail to understand is WHY people feel the need to do that stuff? It simply does not reconcile in my DNA makeup.

On with the future - I've put my sunglasses on so that I won't get blinded. :yo:

·
Registered
456 Posts
i like that he was honest in the interview by saying "who is going to buy a bike from a company they are not knowing will exist in 1 year?".

seems like is he at least has a clue as to the concerns of current buyers and is at least acknowledging they have to change to be competitive. that is a very good sign.

i may not agree about him saying that the boxter for porsche was a bad idea since in a way the boxter and the cayman are making porsche tons of money, and maybe mv should consider something of the same nature, afterall ferrari eventually brought up the ff now which is something they would have never done years ago, ok the mondial was a mistake.

but overall its interesting to hear what bordi says, it appears that as long as he is running things there things will be looking up, i hope to the heavens he is right and can turn mv around like he turned ducati around.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts

+1 CAG ....perfectly put

Thanks for posting Ed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
:yo: So good to read some positive material. I'm only new to MV but am lovng ownership so far and becoming quite passionate about the brand and it was a worry to read all the negative stuff that's been coming out lately.

Great to hear that they've got factory racing plans, and whilst not the be all and end all, it will add to the ownership experience for me anyway :f4:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
:yo: So good to read some positive material. I'm only new to MV but am lovng ownership so far and becoming quite passionate about the brand and it was a worry to read all the negative stuff that's been coming out lately.

Great to hear that they've got factory racing plans, and whilst not the be all and end all, it will add to the ownership experience for me anyway :f4:
MV Agusta is like a drug it gets you in & then you are hooked, I've been an addict since being I was a little boy. :eek:

I was only able to start feeding that habit about 16-17 years with the acquisition of a 350s - the rest as they say is histroy.

You haven't been here long but just enjoy keep reading the posts and soon enough you'll work out the perennial naysayers & make up your own mind on who's stuff is worth reading that won't do your head in. :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
You haven't been here long but just enjoy keep reading the posts and soon enough you'll work out the perennial naysayers & make up your own mind on who's stuff is worth reading that won't do your head in. :)
Gheez...do we have to read your complaints about the naysayers etc. in every of your posts from now on? As the 10-year old daughter of my friend keeps saying....build a bridge and get over it. :stickpoke

We all know your passion and enthusiasm for MV but it is getting a bit annoying lately...open your mind and tolerate the opinions of others....

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Gheez...do we have to read your complaints about the naysayers etc. in every of your posts from now on? As the 10-year old daughter of my friend keeps saying....build a bridge and get over it. :stickpoke

We all know your passion and enthusiasm for MV but it is getting a bit annoying lately...open your mind and tolerate the opinions of others....
You say know how passionate I am - passion comes at a price. If my single mindedness offends you, there is an ignore function - put me on it & you won't need to read ANY of my posts ever - simple really.

FYI - I was in fact responding to a (relatively new) poster who stated "I'm only new to MV but am lovng ownership so far and becoming quite passionate about the brand and it was a worry to read all the negative stuff that's been coming out lately." He is quite correct, lately it has been extremely negative on many fronts - I offered him some advice based on my time here, it is for him to either heed or reject out of hand , either way is fine & I respect his opinion.

I do thank you for your input. I shall be honing my bridge building skills - but NOT today!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts