MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be there on Sunday, January 24th from 12-4. Anyone else going? Will MV AGusta be represented? (I think not, but I hold out hope...anyone know?)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I certainly will be there

·
Registered
488 Posts
Did not see MV at the DC show. Neither BMW or Aprilia were there either. One dealer from Rockville brought a BWM S1000RR I got to sit on and a Bimota DB7 but we could not sit on it. I have to say i loved the way the Ducati 848 felt.

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
At the South Carolina stop BMW and Triumph used local dealers for their stands. No MV presence at all. No Piagio-Aprillia presence either.

The Ducati MotoGP bike on display is a replica...no electronics...so is the Mladin Superbike at Suzuki.

HD and all the Japanese were there, although Suzuki stand was pretty small.

No Chinese scooters, didn't see any of the smaller players (Hyosong or Kymco, etc.).

Lot's of the usual aftermarket and OEM suppliers, but no Michelin Tire stand (I wanted to ask about the new tires. oh, well)

One of the Ducati Stunt Team riders fell and got a compound fracture in his leg....he's out for a long recovery.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll be there Sunday as well

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Give us a reprisal Matty. The show completely skipped Atlanta this year.

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I'm taking a bus with a buch of friends from NEDOC. I'll see if I can get my ancient camera to work if there is anything of interest worth the pixels.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
ok here we go

I love going down friday because there is pretty much no crowd and you can get in and out of there in a few hours. I went on the weekend a few years ago and couldnt even get near a bike.

Though there was no MV I was extremely happy with the vendors this year. Lots of free goodies and I actually got some Galfer lines for the track bike cheaper than ive seen anywhere.

The typical big motorcycle companies were there but the booths were def not up to par as in the past. Probably the whole economy thing.

here are the pics

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
OK Matty Stole my thunder! I have pretty much the same pictures.

The show was the worst I have seen in the several years I have been going. Companies there were the big 4, Ducati, Triumph (for the first time I've seen them), HD, and Victory. No MV, Aprilia, Benelle, Moto Guzzi, or KTM. All stands were small, in fact the show was held on the lower level which is much smaller.

There were a lot of vendors, many more then in the past. Prices were not all that great. There was a lot of Cruiser and custome bike stuff I didn't find many performance part stands.

Over all it was good because of the people I was with. I hope next year will be better.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Dan
Did you see any outrageous Busas while you were there?
:banghead:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Chris
I was glad that those busas were not on the show at Marcus Diary, if they were we wouldn't even have made it to the podium!

It made me wonder why I spent so much money on a MV SENNA when I could have had a BUSA which is so much better/cooler for much less.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts