MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram or blue print of the swing arm on a 06 Brutale 910s? Don't ask why, I actually can't believe I did this. While in the process of installing my rear hugger(3 holes), I accidently pushed one of the rubber mounts/screws into the swing arm(the bottom hole). Must of used too much water/soap. Was trying to fish out the rubber mount with the screw, and it too fell into the swing arm. I didn't realized it was hollow(Just bought the bike today). My concern is that it may rattle or wedged into some moving parts internally. Thanks in advance.

Vin

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Hi Vin,

Spotted your photos of the Silver/Red 910 on another forum! Welcome to the site, and congrats on your purchase.

Hopefully some people here can help you out on the issue, i'm not quite sure what to say! Good luck.

P.S. Be sure to get yourself in the registry and place the pictures in the registry profile for us to see! Glad to see another owner in the Bay Area. Hopefully we'll meet one day when i'm back up there

·
Registered
108 Posts
I do not think there is anything inside the swing arm. It is just a hollow tube for strength but lightness. It is pain about losing the bits but it should not cause any problems.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You can try a very small magnet on a stiff wire to get the screw out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tried using a magnet, but I don't think the screw will stick. I'll try a smaller magnet, on that will fit inside the whole. Or a vacuum. Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Actually it is not entirely hollow. It is braced internally with a few spars here and there. It can be a little difficult to extract the rubber grommet, don't ask me how I know... :)

I've got a swingarm completely tore down if you need some pics.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm working from home today so I went and took a look at the swingarm. There is a large opening at the end of the swingarm where the bearing eccentric goes. But since the bearings are sealed in the this large eccentric piece, there's no chance of your screw and grommet coming in contact with another moving part and causing some failure. Although like you mentioned it might jiggle and be annoying, I wouldn't worry about it causing a problem.

If you check out the blog, you'll see what I'm talking about. Here's the link:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/10/bearings-rear-wheel-refurbishing-and.html

The second picture is the bearing assembly which is completely sealed. The fourth picture (Image 3) you can see where the bearing assembly goes and the whole to the inside of the swingarm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gladio said:
Actually it is not entirely hollow. It is braced internally with a few spars here and there. It can be a little difficult to extract the rubber grommet, don't ask me how I know... :)

I've got a swingarm completely tore down if you need some pics.
Thanks for the info Jack. Yes that would be great if I could get me some pics of the swing arm. I think my best chance is a really powerful vacuum. I too hope it's not going to be a problem, but things like this just annoys me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The vacuum you think about will work only if there is a clear air entrance at another point of the arm.
I think it would be better if you fix both parts inside with some plastic foam filling the inside cavities and then forget them.

Joaquin

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
fastrails said:
Hey Jack, the link doesn't work. Could you post again? I know I'll never be able to get out, unless I take rear wheel off. Just a little curious of what's inside the swing arm. Thanks.

V
Here are the pics from the FAQ I was refering to:

They don't necessarily show the structures on the inside, but I wouldn't be able to get much better "inside" pics anyway.

Taking the rear wheel off wont help. You would also have to remove the rear axle assembly and bearing assembly. Doable, but not a small task.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jack, thanks for the pics. My rear hugger is the newer and longer style( 3 holes). I wanted to see pics of the other end. Thanks for all your help though. One day when I take rear wheel off, I try to fish for it again.

V

1 - 13 of 13 Posts