MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is another interesting MV for sale that just came up.

It's listed as an '08, and the vin# shown gives the 9th and 10th digits as "08", so I'm guessing it would correctly be a 2008 US model.

789 miles, and proven with a photo of the dash.

What's interesting is that it has the SP-01 Corse body kit on it. At least that's what I think it's called? It's a 1+1, which oddly enough is usually how I've seen the SP-01.

And it has magnesium wheels.

Here's the eBay listing-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381138758668?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Would love to hear your thoughts?

John

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
It's just a customised 312R, not sure if it's worth that money in the USA, but it looks clean and well cared for.
Those Star wheels do look like the Magnesium ones.
He's ride height is set very low at the rear.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Well it looks like Corse kit but than I would want the certification and the plaque with it.
Other than that the MV Agusta CRC F4 Corse was offered as 750 and 1000 cc any way.
So the base of any Corse is a standard bike being it a 750, 1000, 1000R or 312R.
The bike looks striking and the Corse fairings look just jaw dropping in natural light.
Now the Oro star wheels are in any way an improvement (lighter) over any standard wheel.
And those cost new roughly 4500 USD.
The F4 Corse was pictured in the Brochure with the silver Marchesini 10 spoke wheels.
Those are on sale in the for sale section by Maxcorse.
So You make up easily 2000 to 2500 USD by selling the Oro wheels and getting the Maxcorse's silver wheels.
Boom and than You have a low mileage 1000cc for 7500 USD.
And sure You should raise the rear as Donsy said.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Yes Joe, they are the slash cut titanium MV Corse cans.

Interesting that they have retained the catalytic converter.
California......

The drive chain looked to be adjusted on the tighter side of tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh, you guys have eagle eyes, I tell you. :)

Donsy, yeah that's what's wrong with the way the bike sits, isn't it? It's got a squat to the rear. Ride height is off.

No offense to anyone here as it's just personal taste, but I don't care for the gold mag wheels on this one. The silver Marchesinis would be much better, especially given all the silver in the Corse livery.

And I too wondered if the exhaust cans were titanium. MV Corse ti cans are what, around $4,000 USD?

Seems like an interesting one anyway. I'm not (quite) a player at the moment as I've got a big project to keep working on, and my day job is too busy to leave much time for anything else.

Of course that doesn't keep me from perusing...

John

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Yes chain is way off.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No offense to anyone here as it's just personal taste, but I don't care for the gold mag wheels on this one. The silver Marchesinis would be much better, especially given all the silver in the Corse livery.

John

John, you can change the colour, but the regular star wheels are no match for the Magnesium wheels when compared in looks and weight.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
there is something about the bike that doesn't look right. I don't like the gold colored wheels with that paint scheme and the bike being lowered doesn't help.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
too many questions......

Doesn't look right to me........
Dave you sure those are Ti cans? ........with a stainless cat!!!!

Maybe Oro wheels.....or a paint job?
Weigh them

Ralf;
What wheels list for new means little ......
I paid $1900 for a pair of forged Mg Marchesinis with BrakeTech rotors, Ti bolts and a new set of Power Pilots......and he threw a SPS carbon hugger in the box too :drummer:

Personally I don't like the paint job.......too busy.......looks like billboard

But opinions are like belly buttons ........everyone has one

:naughty:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Yep, Noel, I'm sure.

The titanium exhausts have a much nicer seam along the body of the exhaust than the stainless steel version & that's what I see here. You can also make out the etching in the side that says Titanium F1 & MV Corse.
That's the first 2 pictures.

But it is a little unusual to see the catalytic converter still in place. The issue is that the catalytic converter was welded to the headers as of about 2007. This meant that you had to source an older version of the header & link pipe that were a slip on system. I'm thinking that this owner has a system that is welded together and has not replaced it.

The last 2 pictures are from when we did this complete conversion / installation ourselves.
The headers & titanium link pipe on our 312R were purchased from Lee Halverson and were originally on his Tamburini.

Attachments

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
So here is another interesting MV for sale that just came up.

It's listed as an '08, and the vin# shown gives the 9th and 10th digits as "08", so I'm guessing it would correctly be a 2008 US model.

789 miles, and proven with a photo of the dash.

What's interesting is that it has the SP-01 Corse body kit on it. At least that's what I think it's called? It's a 1+1, which oddly enough is usually how I've seen the SP-01.

And it has magnesium wheels.

Here's the eBay listing-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381138758668?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Would love to hear your thoughts?

John
The Corse SP-14 is monoposto.
The Corse SP-15 is biposto.
(The Viper SP-01 is the blue/silver earliest SP Kit.)

These are authentic magnesium wheels.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

Dave:
My computers are down .........so I'm looking at a 4" screen on a smart phone .......just didn't see any Ti colors on the cans.....

I defer to you and Blake

:drummer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts