1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
Map #5: Canada is rated as a better place to be born than the USA.

Discuss.
:)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Map #5: Canada is rated as a better place to be born than the USA.

Discuss.
:)
David.....acording to Wikipedia, there are approximately 33M Canadian citizens with approximately 1M living in the US. In contrast, there are approximately 330M US citizens with approximately 1-2M living in Canada.

Canada may indeed be a better place to be born, but Canadian citizens immigrate to the US at a 10 to one ratio based on population versus American immigration to Canada. It might be something to do with their winters......:naughty:

Now that we have Obamacare, those numbers might change.......:)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
David.....acording to Wikipedia, there are approximately 33M Canadian citizens with approximately 1M living in the US. In contrast, there are approximately 330M US citizens with approximately 1-2M living in Canada.

Canada may indeed be a better place to be born, but Canadian citizens immigrate to the US at a 10 to one ratio based on population versus American immigration to Canada. It might be something to do with their winters......:naughty:

Now that we have Obamacare, those numbers might change.......:)
That's because Canadians don't let you fellas across the border:stickpoke

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

Dave;

you might want to ask a Canadian farmer that question.....

in '99 I spent 5 weeks goose hunting in Saskatchewan .......

the most wonderful, friendly, generous people you'll ever meet......they adopted me

I was invited into peoples homes, went to a wedding, was taken fishing, helped put on a barbecue for

the whole town......

and went "deer spotting" a late afternoon male Canadian activity (aka; getting away from the wife)

involving friends, a 2 liter bottle of Rye whiskey and driving around in the fields "looking" for deer

supplied geese to the Canadian National Game Warden Randy to help Dr. Anderson.....he wrote the

book on Canadian Geese

delivered a pickup truck full of geese and ducks to the Indian Reservation a couple of times a week

I plowed fields for 3 weeks with a GIANT John Deere tractor with a 42' wide plow......yes, I jack knifed it doing bat turns.......but didn't tear the tire up.....:drummer:

the Canadian Government is fucking the Farmers

the Canadian RR is fucking the Farmers

and even their own Grain Cooperatives are fucking them

after 6 generations on the same land '00 was the last year Garry farmed

on second thought Dave......you might not want to ask Garry

:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love Canada and most all the Canadians I've ever met.

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
I've never been to Canada.
My buddy is going there for a second visit in February, 2015. He loves snowboarding and that's the main reason for his visit.
He raved about the beauty of the place and the friendly nature of the locals.

I have been to the USA four times now and I love that place and its absolutely crazy & gregarious inhabitants.

I think that visiting Canada would be too much like travelling to the South Island of NZ.
I like to go places that are culturally different to where I live.

I have recently met a couple of Canadians in a show we just finished doing - they are going to be great long term friends.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Western Canadian Rockies make the US Rockies look like little hills.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
BC is incredible. Such a beautiful drive.

Yukon on the other hand, no thanks.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back to the other maps......what say you, our British friends?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I love number 22. I wish more people would realize this.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Back to the other maps......what say you, our British friends?

I say the world was a far more civilised, organised and less violent place when we were running it all, obviously when I say less violent I mean after we had invaded and suppressed the natives of the country we had just taken and claimed as our own, the process of invasion was most probably quite violent and bloody ;)

·
Registered
877 Posts
#6 reminds me of something said to me yesterday. "There are two kinds of countries, those that use the metric system and those that have been to the moon." Apparently there are two other flags planted!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I say the world was a far more civilised, organised and less violent place when we were running it all, obviously when I say less violent I mean after we had invaded and suppressed the natives of the country we had just taken and claimed as our own, the process of invasion was most probably quite violent and bloody ;)
:laughing: Great response.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
#6 reminds me of something said to me yesterday. "There are two kinds of countries, those that use the metric system and those that have been to the moon." Apparently there are two other flags planted!
Hahaha, only America would invade a place that nobody wanted to live on, and then feel proud about it. :naughty:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here in Florida, right after Thanksgiving, Canadians come in droves, they invade South Florida, around the end of April they go back up north, happiness is restored, the driving is back to normal. Nobody complaints until the following Thanksgiving

1 - 20 of 20 Posts