MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 F4

Out riding with low fuel light on for a few miles and eventually the dash would scroll every 10 seconds with a "low fuel" message and a reading of 8.2. I assumed maybe it meant miles to go but this reading kept going up to 9.0 with a steady speed. After a couple miles I received a "Speed Limiter" message. Stopped a couple miles later, filled up with fuel and they went away. Any thoughts as to the numbers and the "Speed Limiter' messages? I filled with 3.6 gallons of fuel so there was about 1 gallon left.

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
The counter counts miles travelled since on reserve.

Speed limiter might kick in to keep you from thrashing it while low on fuel.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
661 Posts
interesting, I never noticed a low fuel "message" with count of miles, only the gas pump light being one when I am low on fuel. It would be nice to know exactly what the reserve is.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I filled up within 5 miles of the message and mile count starting. It took 3.5 gallons to the very top so looks as if it`s about 1 gallon. The message and mile count came on about 20 miles after the fuel light illuminated. So they do not seem to be exactly synched.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks for that info. MV dash is unfortunately nowhere as functional as the 1199. 1199 is readable in all light conditions and very easy to read, counts up, has temp gauge external as well and all sorts of other easy to use features

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, it`s not the best thing out there. With the sending units already installed in the tanks for all these type bikes, honest to God, I wish they would put a real fuel gauge in the instrument clusters. The only other vehicle I have owned that did not have one was my first car a 1961 VW, and then they stepped it up in 1962 with a gauge!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Bike technology have a lot of catching up to do. For fuel level, the latest state of the art is to be able to calculate how many miles left. It should have a countdown of miles that averages based on last 200 miles IMO.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even better! Just like my 1997 Volvo, which gives it in real time based on engine consumption at the moment.....lol

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ya, it`s not the best thing out there. With the sending units already installed in the tanks for all these type bikes, honest to God, I wish they would put a real fuel gauge in the instrument clusters. The only other vehicle I have owned that did not have one was my first car a 1961 VW, and then they stepped it up in 1962 with a gauge!
Your R1 has a fuel gauge?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course not, none of them do, but they all should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts