MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, just had an accident with my rsv4 2012 in the slippy shit roads from montreal. there is a dealer out here who has a brutale 1090rr 2012 they asking 20000$. They also have the last mv available in quebec for 2012 its 21000$. Im still not sure about the f4? I see alot of problems on the forums, bike cannot start or it has heat problems, still love the brutale thought, so what do you suggest?

·
Registered
652 Posts
No significant issues with the F4 and your choice of model really depends on how you like to ride. I've now ridden both (very limited on Brutale) - I prefer the more integrated rider/bike feeling (not uncomfortable) of the f4 - and I understand that the f4 has more legs

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
What is a inline V4 ? :stickpoke
Hahahaha well spotted Hoppy, a forgivable typo. I would probably go for the Brutale 1090RR but that's a big call from way over here in NZ, both F4 and Brutales are great (I ride both, they are just different, neither better than the other really) ps sorry about the RSV4, I ride one of those too but the MVs are my favourites.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Those prices seem waaaaay high for left over 2012 models. I've not done the conversion between Canadian and US dollars, but still......toooooo hi!

The MV dealer north of Atlanta has 1090R and RR in both Brutie and F4 models left. We saw them yesterday. Pricing in the high teens.

Google Riders Hill or European Motorsports Dahlonega Georgia. 706-864-7777

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Motor Sports World in Ottawa have 2011 left overs at great prices. When I picked up my F3 there was a guy from Quebec picking up his new F4.

To reply to the other remark about prices, welcome to our world here in Canada! Even though our dollar has been above or at par to the US dollar for several years now we still get raped due to our much smaller market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Motor Sports World in Ottawa have 2011 left overs at great prices. When I picked up my F3 there was a guy from Quebec picking up his new F4.

To reply to the other remark about prices, welcome to our world here in Canada! Even though our dollar has been above or at par to the US dollar for several years now we still get raped due to our much smaller market.
thank you guys. ill look out that garage in ottawa, seems good. theres no point in buying a 2012 at 21000 when the 2011 is 18000

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hot, hot, whoa!

As mentioned above, MV has updated the cooling system in the 2010+ models. That's not to say that it still won't run hot, but I would wait for a response from riders living in areas where the temperature is regularly over 85 F degrees. In addition, new owners will sometimes react when they see coolant spill out of a bike when they come to a stop. Read some of the coolant forum quotes and you'll discover that if you fill the coolant up the the high level, the bike will burp it up - perfectly normal. Both my Brutale and F4 have the upgraded fans and pump. They run hot whenever I hit stop and go traffic, but no overheat so far. Keep in mind I take every precaution to avoid traffic when I ride in temperatures exceeding 90F. They get very, very hot, very very quick.

Hello guys, just had an accident with my rsv4 2012 in the slippy shit roads from montreal. there is a dealer out here who has a brutale 1090rr 2012 they asking 20000$. They also have the last mv available in quebec for 2012 its 21000$. Im still not sure about the f4? I see alot of problems on the forums, bike cannot start or it has heat problems, still love the brutale thought, so what do you suggest?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As mentioned above, MV has updated the cooling system in the 2010+ models. That's not to say that it still won't run hot, but I would wait for a response from riders living in areas where the temperature is regularly over 85 F degrees. In addition, new owners will sometimes react when they see coolant spill out of a bike when they come to a stop. Read some of the coolant forum quotes and you'll discover that if you fill the coolant up the the high level, the bike will burp it up - perfectly normal. Both my Brutale and F4 have the upgraded fans and pump. They run hot whenever I hit stop and go traffic, but no overheat so far. Keep in mind I take every precaution to avoid traffic when I ride in temperatures exceeding 90F. They get very, very hot, very very quick.
I felt my legs burning in traffic on my rsv4. it was going up to 104C very very fast, all the bikes are like that, theyre not meant to be in go and stop traffic. In ottawa they have a F4 black, 2011 for 18000$. Is it different from the F4r? They say 186hp, and the f4r 2012 was at 195.

Also i saw those f1 sounds with the titanium pipes, is it expensive to have such a nice sound?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I felt my legs burning in traffic on my rsv4. it was going up to 104C very very fast, all the bikes are like that, theyre not meant to be in go and stop traffic. In ottawa they have a F4 black, 2011 for 18000$. Is it different from the F4r? They say 186hp, and the f4r 2012 was at 195.

Also i saw those f1 sounds with the titanium pipes, is it expensive to have such a nice sound?
No, you can make the sound quite cheaply.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Harvey that is a brilliant picture.
The standard pipes already make a wonderful sound, haven't checked prices but I am sure somebody could help you out.

·
Banned
48 Posts

hi mate

welcome to the forum. ive just joined too, have an F4 and its a good bike mate. you should get one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts