MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys (and gals),

Recently I've been looking into cleaning up the tail of my 2015 F3 800. I'm interested in this integrated tail from design corse but I noticed in the notes it specifically says it will not work for 2015 and up because the plug is different (I'm assuming because it's Led). If anyone here could provide any guidance on this or point me to an integrated tail that would work it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
I'd simply ask DC for their input. They are pretty responsive.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Up to 2015 bikes use a 3 pin white nylon connector for the rear light. Post 2015 use an Superseal type connector. It only takes around 20 min to make up an adapter. I've got the wiring kicking about somewhere.

I did this for the other way around, to go to the new type light. Sadly 2 of the new style ones failed and I wasted a load of cash. I went back to the old light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Up to 2015 bikes use a 3 pin white nylon connector for the rear light. Post 2015 use an Superseal type connector. It only takes around 20 min to make up an adapter. I've got the wiring kicking about somewhere.
Hmm.. I'm assuming the superseal connector is also 3 pin? I wouldn't mind making an adapter. Shouldn't be difficult. I guess my biggest concern is to make sure there wouldn't be any electrical issues with the bike after adapting to make it work.

I did this for the other way around, to go to the new type light. Sadly 2 of the new style ones failed and I wasted a load of cash. I went back to the old light.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. No one likes wasting money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts