MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Looks much better than the external ones and works very well - easy to set up, no external wiring.

Design your own face plate or choose from a selection already available.

You have to ship the clocks to Italy though but the turn around is very quick, I got mine back a week after he received them.

Cheers
Adam

Don't be a dumb arse and ask for email address, this is it .........>>>> [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Looks much better than the external ones and works very well - easy to set up, no external wiring.

Design your own face plate or choose from a selection already available.

You have to ship the clocks to Italy though but the turn around is very quick, I got mine back a week after he received them.

Cheers
Adam
That looks fantastic......how much did the whole thing 'sting' you..All in?. I'd be really interested in this. What's your impression of how accurate it is when your going through the gears and how quickly does it select them going up and down the 'box'?. And did you choose how/what colour you wanted it 'backlit'. I must say it does look impressive though!. Cheers Brian:).

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
now that is real classy

this mod i would denifantley get done

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That looks fantastic......how much did the whole thing 'sting' you..All in?. I'd be really interested in this. What's your impression of how accurate it is when your going through the gears and how quickly does it select them going up and down the 'box'?. And did you choose how/what colour you wanted it 'backlit'. I must say it does look impressive though!. Cheers Brian:).
It is very accurate and almost instant at changing the displayed gear. It works it out using the ratio of speed vs revs.

To set it up it displays each gear in sequence for about 10secs. You just ride in the gear it shows at around 3500rpm or less. He uses the original set button on the clock to start the programming so no extra switches are needed.

Neutral is a bit different though. It just shows 'n' when you come to a dead stop what ever gear you are in - doesn't matter really - you have a neutral light ! Once you move again it will know the ratio and display the correct gear.

I guess if there was a spare input to the chip he could have utilised the neutral light eg:
If speed=0 and neutral light=on the display 'n'

Problem is you could go up and down the gears as much as you like while not moving and it wouldn't have a clue what gear you are in so just displaying 'n' is probably the best thing to do.

He does a bright white backlight - mine was already blue. Looks good in the dark but to be honest you would never know in the daylight.

Cost wise it was about 175 euros - including shipping back which he says is 40 euros. I sent 2 clocks down and split the postage....

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Thanks Adam...I'm really gonna consider this. I suppose 175 euros all in wasn't too bad considering what you get (it looks 'factory').
I understand what you mean regarding neutral...but it's no big deal. I mean if you come to a 'dead stop' your gonna have to be in neutral or first gear with the clutch pulled in to take off again so it's gonna read first gear as soon as you get moving. Pity he didn't give the option of a different back lit colour as your blue one looks great!. Very impressive Adam, thanks for the info...do you have his address?. Cheers Brian.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Adam...I'm really gonna consider this. I suppose 175 euros all in wasn't too bad considering what you get (it looks 'factory').
I understand what you mean regarding neutral...but it's no big deal. I mean if you come to a 'dead stop' your gonna have to be in neutral or first gear with the clutch pulled in to take off again so it's gonna read first gear as soon as you get moving. Pity he didn't give the option of a different back lit colour as your blue one looks great!. Very impressive Adam, thanks for the info...do you have his address?. Cheers Brian.
No more trying to find 7th gear !
To be honest it's not much more than a regular external one but is much neater.

You can ask if he does other colours, there is no reason why he can't.

Cost me just £15 to send them to Italy with DHL, I used Parcel2Ship.
I used Travelex to send the money to his account - Good rate and cost just 99p

I'll PM the address, he is normally pretty quick to reply.......

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Adam,
similar response to Twizel and Mr-Wryt above,
did you get this done by a site-sponsor? Would you be willing to share who did this for you?
And, wasn't there a similar thread on this a little while back? I looked for it but couldn't find it, I remember it had different options for the face plate.
Cheers Arjan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Adam,
similar response to Twizel and Mr-Wryt above,
did you get this done by a site-sponsor? Would you be willing to share who did this for you?
And, wasn't there a similar thread on this a little while back? I looked for it but couldn't find it, I remember it had different options for the face plate.
Cheers Arjan
There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago, started by the guy that does them with multi photo's of different dashes. Even had a link to his site and pricing eventually. Several forum members were keen and I think Scott? in Sydney was sending his Ago dash to be done.
Then it all just disappeared? It would seem that the powers that be rubbed it out which implys a problem.:wtf:
Strange as if it's all on the level I would imagine it would be very popular with forum members.
Now where is 7th gear:laughing:

·
Registered
271 Posts
is the gear indicator cut into a standard face ? would this application work on a 2001 model ?

very interested in this. was going to fit an external unit but this will be the preference by far.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If he was a site sponsor he would still be on here. :)
No, not a site sponsor. I asked him to join up on here and answer the questions himself but I guess he hasn't yet.....

It's a replacement standard face, so it will fit the F4 or Brutale, you can have what ever colour or design you can come up with.

I never saw a previous post about them apart from the one on the other forum and the one where HB88xx showed it while sorting his dead SPU.

Don't want to put an email address up on here but if anyone wants it just PM me or you can contact him through the other link from JDS's post.

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
391 Posts
There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago, started by the guy that does them with multi photo's of different dashes. Even had a link to his site and pricing eventually. Several forum members were keen and I think Scott? in Sydney was sending his Ago dash to be done.
Then it all just disappeared? It would seem that the powers that be rubbed it out which implys a problem.:wtf:
Strange as if it's all on the level I would imagine it would be very popular with forum members.
Now where is 7th gear:laughing:
I should have my dash back this week i had contacted him by email just before he was removed from the forum, he is genuine guy :yo: & keeps you up dated.

The cost was about 250euro for the Led back light & gear indicator also your pick your new face plate :mouthwate & he sends the old face plate back with the dash shipped back to Australia 3 day post :drummer:

If you want his email send me a pm i will forward it on.

Cheers
Scott.

·
Registered
334 Posts
After speaking with Alvin (admin), it seems that if you pimp goods for sale without being a sponsor, you get booted. That's why the last thread - which I too was intently following - fell off the forums, as did his profile. Stick to PMs and all should be ay'okay.

- J.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts