MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys has anyone done an insurance quote on the F3?

My current insurer (H & R) £1077
Carole Nash £2161

I cant believe it, it was cheaper to insure my GSXR 1000 that did the best part of 200 mph lol.

Jesus, i gather thats what you have to pay to be different?????

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thats surprising. My insurance company (State Farm) goes strictly by cc's.....the F3 insurance will be cheaper than that of the F4 (or any other open class bike).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish that was the case but UK insurers see it as it highly nickable and sort after because it worth a lot

·
Registered
115 Posts
im paying £1500 for my MV and its not even fully comp until im 25 :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im paying £1500 for my MV and its not even fully comp until im 25 :(

Yeah im 25 and ive got 3 years no claims, what bike have you got?

·
Registered
60 Posts
When did this happen? I wonder if I'll have a higher premium when my next bill comes....

About july or august of 2011. I know because my 07 mv was written off by insurance, no fault of my own it was parked. MY insurance went from 53 a month for an 07 mv f4 1000R with full coverage to 48 a month for an 08 R6. I went crazy on the phone and my agent told me they no longer do it strickly by cc anymore, and its also based on the classification of motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
About july or august of 2011. I know because my 07 mv was written off by insurance, no fault of my own it was parked. MY insurance went from 53 a month for an 07 mv f4 1000R with full coverage to 48 a month for an 08 R6. I went crazy on the phone and my agent told me they no longer do it strickly by cc anymore, and its also based on the classification of motorcycle.
Oh great. I pay mine once a year in February. I'll be expecting a higher bill here in a few weeks....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah im 25 and ive got 3 years no claims, what bike have you got?
i was 23 when i got my 2009 MV F4 1078RR 312, three year no clams too. i then had my daytona 675 which ive had since i was 20 added to that for an extra £125 so thought fuck it whats a little more!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Finally i see something that is not that bad in my country.... i pay for the insurance of the new F4 RR (18.000£) about 430£ and is full insurance ...
:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was paying State Farm 40.00 a month for full coverage on my 1098. When I switched to the F4, it went to $175.00 a month. WTF?
State Farm said that it was due to cc's, but I said the 1098 had 99cc's more, so how does that make any sense. Plus there are far more Ducati on the roads, with far more claims. When I had my S1K, it was $201 a month!!!!! That's part of why I sold it off.

I had to switch to Gieco just to lower it to $100 a month, and that's the best I can get. I am 32 with a clean record and perfect credit score too.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I was paying State Farm 40.00 a month for full coverage on my 1098. When I switched to the F4, it went to $175.00 a month. WTF?
State Farm said that it was due to cc's, but I said the 1098 had 99cc's more, so how does that make any sense. Plus there are far more Ducati on the roads, with far more claims.

I had to switch to Gieco just to lower it to $100 a month, and that's the best I can get. I am 32 with a clean record and perfect credit score too.
What was their explanation? I mean they're both sportbikes and the 1098 actually has more cc's (if its a regular F4). I think my insurance for my F4 was actually a little lower than for my 1098 because of the displacement.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not sure if us Brutales should post hear but I will anyway! My insurance on a 1090 rr came in at £300 (a year) last April opposed to what would have been £100 on my Z1000 both fully comp (the benefits of age - and the only benefit I can think of as I write). Wondering what it will be in April considering I locked the front end in the dry causing £7k of damage this year. The high price of insurance is not just the high cost of the bike but mainly the high price of the parts so I was told. Mark

·
Registered
643 Posts
It does have less cc's then the 1098 and they are both Italian sport bikes, so I don't know what their deal was. They said "maybe it has more cc?" and I said "no, this one has less", but they just said "well IDK then". That is why I had to drop them. I even thought it was maybe a stupid agent, so I called other agents, but got the same story. Who knows?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It does have less cc's then the 1098 and they are both Italian sport bikes, so I don't know what their deal was. They said "maybe it has more cc?" and I said "no, this one has less", but they just said "well IDK then". That is why I had to drop them. I even thought it was maybe a stupid agent, so I called other agents, but got the same story. Who knows?
Its crazy! They were charging you over 4X what the 1098 was....and no explanation.:banghead: I would have dropped them too! Quickly!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Have you guys tried adrian flux? i've only been riding 4yrs and have only 3yrs no claims and i pay £550 a year for the mv and an rgv both f/c, only the mv is kept in the kitchen and the rgv in a shed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys i will try Adrian flux i just hate paying over the odds will keep you posted

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi guys has anyone done an insurance quote on the F3?

My current insurer (H & R) £1077
Carole Nash £2161

I cant believe it, it was cheaper to insure my GSXR 1000 that did the best part of 200 mph lol.

Jesus, i gather thats what you have to pay to be different?????
Joel,

How old are you and how many years no claims discount do you have? that sound really expensive

1 - 20 of 42 Posts