MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much more is everyone paying on insurance for the RR as opposed to the standard Brutale and Dragster?

I was messing around online today and noticed that neither Progressive not Geico have added the RR to their available models in order to get a quote. When I first got my Brutale Progressive hadn't added the B3s to their available options yet and wanted to charge me an exorbitant amount since it was unknown.

·
Registered
445 Posts
How much more is everyone paying on insurance for the RR as opposed to the standard Brutale and Dragster?

I was messing around online today and noticed that neither Progressive not Geico have added the RR to their available models in order to get a quote. When I first got my Brutale Progressive hadn't added the B3s to their available options yet and wanted to charge me an exorbitant amount since it was unknown.
I'm pay around 500.00 for 6 months coverage. I also have a speeding ticket and accident on my record.

·
Registered
173 Posts
26 y/o and paying ~$51 a month for my Dragster RR with multi car and multi policy discount. I live in Northern, CA and insure through USAA.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
582 Posts

Im in UK and too found that the RR was not on the list, but standard was. I just clarified that my bike is the RR version and the quote remained the same as standard.

I imagine it may go up once they have the RR and spec on their system.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Im in UK and too found that the RR was not on the list, but standard was. I just clarified that my bike is the RR version and the quote remained the same as standard.

I imagine it may go up once they have the RR and spec on their system.
Yep same happened with me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well for me it was quite the shock.

When I ordered the bike back in November last year, I was quoted on a price ~1400 Dollars for a full year in today's exchange rate.
Same price i Feb when I rechecked.

Then in April when I got my hands on the beauty they had "reevaluated" the bike and split the RR and none RR in to two different insurance groups and my new price was 3000 Dollars a year.. Now that I have it tho I wouldn't trade it for the world...

28 years old
No points on license
No insurance claims last 10 years
Living: Downtown

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
26 y/o and paying ~$51 a month for my Dragster RR with multi car and multi policy discount. I live in Northern, CA and insure through USAA.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Holy hell that's cheap! I'm 31, have never been in an accident and have gotten one speeding ticket three years ago for going 5mph over in a rental car. I have discounts for multiple motorcycles, being an AMA member and having taken safety courses. Granted, I live in Southern California, but Geico charged me $2,846 last year for the Brutale. I just got a quote from Progressive, including my USAA discount, for $2,251.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow you guys pay some premiums. I pay £182 a YEAR and that's with legal cover, break down etc
Wow that's dear ;)

I have maximum penalty points (what can I say :f4: ) and have just paid £84 for the year fully comp!!

But I am a smidge older than you young whippersnappers :smoking: and only have a 'basic' Brutale ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have Geico for my 1090RR, I pay $130 yr

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wow that's dear ;)

I have maximum penalty points (what can I say :f4: ) and have just paid £84 for the year fully comp!!

But I am a smidge older than you young whippersnappers :smoking: and only have a 'basic' Brutale ;)
£84!!! Holy moly that's cheap... But as you say I am a young whippersnapper :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just increased my deductible to 1k and saved 400 off my insurance. WOOHOO!
I changed my deductible to $1000 as well. The way I see it, pretty much any incident that is bad enough to warrant me making an insurance claim has a pretty good chance of straight up totaling the bike given how quickly a few expensive parts can add up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I pay about $1200/year combined for a '05 Harley, '14 BMW S1000RR, and my Dragster RR. $500 deductible with full coverage through Progressive (USAA). 30 yrs riding and no accidents/tickets. Had a Harley stolen a few years back but don't think that impacts premiums.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wow, you guys are lucky. I pay 550,- euro's a year but 0 deductible. My last insurence quoted me 1800,- euro for the B3. :jerkoff: But still for Dutch insurance 550,- is still pretty cheap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spent some time this weekend getting quotes from a bunch of insurance agencies. I want full coverage on the 2015 Brutale 800 RR that I'm picking up next month to replace my current Brutale and the minimum requirements on my 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n. They ranged from the absolutely ludicrous $644.91 A MONTH ($7,742 a year) with Esurance, the still over priced Progressive with $2,508 a year, to State Farm, who will be getting my business, at $108.16 a month ($1,297.92 a year).

·
Registered
445 Posts
I spent some time this weekend getting quotes from a bunch of insurance agencies. I want full coverage on the 2015 Brutale 800 RR that I'm picking up next month to replace my current Brutale and the minimum requirements on my 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n. They ranged from the absolutely ludicrous $644.91 A MONTH ($7,742 a year) with Esurance, the still over priced Progressive with $2,508 a year, to State Farm, who will be getting my business, at $108.16 a month ($1,297.92 a year).
State Farm rules! Since I started riding, I have used them because of the great customer care and low insurance costs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts