MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself strangely addicted to this site....hope its sunny this weekend so I can ride my bike rather than just ask question on it.....but I have a very important question....Insurance.....I seem to be having trouble finding an insurance company that can find an MV Agusta F4 750 SPR on their register.....very annoying as it takes 10 minutes of small talk only to be told they cant quote....am i unlucky or can any other UK rider tell me where to call. Iam looking for limited mileage of <2k a year but dont want to limit my fun too much. help needed as the call will go in tomorrow in preparation for a great weekend/summer/years.:f4:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ebike or bennetts are the 2 that I normally check first. I'm sure I saw an SPR listed on the bennetts site when I renewed this year. Worth a try if you've not done so already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Luck?

I've just moved to the UK, left my SPR in the states. I'm actually looking to sell mine now, since even the standard 750's are coming up at over £3000/yr for my situation (only been in UK for 6 months) so I haven't even bothered pursuing further, but would be interested to know what rates you got quoted.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found Royal sun alliance t be very helpful.....I think that was through Swinton but I did restrict the milage to <2000k a year and had to get a decent alarm fitted. £300 quid a year was reasonable.....A new Blade was 3x that amount for your reference.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I just search on confused.com, if its unrealistic try phoning the companies direct and speaking to someone if you feel there are factors the forms don't cover.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Auntie Carole have both of mine (2000 F4S+1, 07 1000R), found (as with my car insurance) that it's a complete waste of time using aggregate sites/mainstream insurers as even if they DO quote, the price is WAY high ....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Strangely, I'm now with The Motorcycle Insurer, which is part of Carole (armpit?) via Confused. It was cheaper than going direct to C/N. Weird World.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts