MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I pick up the new Brutale tomorrow and I'm searching for insurance in Jersey. I have always insured my bikes with Rider. I'm 60 & have no points or accidents. So basic limits of liability is required in Jersey and will be $160/year. Comprehensive will be $1525! I checked Geico (Brutale 910 was all they listed) online and it looks like $750 but it might not be apples to apples to Rider. I didn't look at Progressive yet. I always risk it with basic limits. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
735 Posts
shop Dairyland and State Farm

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
+1 Dairyland. Also be sure to join AMA for the free roadside assistance and 10% discount off insurance. Multi bike insurance gets you another discount.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have AAA with roadside assistance. I'm 39 years old, male, married, with a clean driving/riding record. $560/year.

·
Registered
126 Posts
any body ever have to file a claim with state farm? i would like to know how you were treated if so. also does state farm cover the cost of riding gear replacement if you crash?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I recently had a small hug with the pavement. I would give state farm an average on claims. The situation was the other guy cuts me off from the right lane and I ride right into his left side. In fact he was trying to make a U-turn from the right lane. For whatever reason the state farm agent (this was the other guys insurance, coincidentally I also have state farm. I dunno if that affect their decision) says it was 20% my fault. How they came up with that number is beyond me. I could not reason with the agent. The other guy was a jackass. He told the cops he was traveling in front of me instead of the right lane. As if I can hit the side of his car if that was the case.

But yes they do cover your riding gear if you can provide receipts. It, along with your bike, is part of the property damage claim.

In new york if you don't have collision insurance all hospital claims are denied when a motorcycle is involved. I don't know about New Jersey but make sure you ask. I'm lucky I have health insurance because the 4 hours I was in the hospital probably rang up $5000. And I got was a scraped ankle.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I personally know 4 people who used to have State Farm. All of them have the same story. They had a claim (three collisions and one solo spill) and while SF was not terrific about paying up they were no worse than any other insurance company, but when it came time to renew they found that SF had either raised their rates to the point of unaffordability or canceled them outright.

As it is, I'm in Los Angeles with a Salvage Titled bike, so I pay just short of $800/yr for AAA full coverage.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
If both parties have SF it definitely DOES affect their decision--I was once hit by an old lady while I was on a bicycle--She had SF, I had nothing, but my dad had SF, and even though I was 21 SF decided it was a wash, total and complete BS. I could barely function for almost a year after that, and have chronic back issues still (nearly 10 years later). However, I did switch to SF when I got the MV as Prog was absurd in their pricing, and in AZ only a handful of companies will even offer un-/underinsured coverage, and SF is one of them, Gecko and Prog are not.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
I have had good experience with Dairyland...both with rates and with a claim.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Jersey has the highest insurance rates plus the category of "sport bike" kicks the cost up too. I'll probably change my coverage to basic limits for the winter.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I have had good experience with Dairyland...both with rates and with a claim.

That's only because Ed's got a fetish about udders.....:stickpoke:green::laughing:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
State Farm treats me good! $324/yr Full covered age 37. I view insurance companies like car dealerships if you go to someone good you will be treated good and have things go smooth, if you choose a place where the head agent doesn't introduce himself and physically say hello then you may want to question how smooth your dealings will be if something were to happen. Jersey I use Joe Ciraulo in Succasunna just up the road from where you picked your bike up from.

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1 for Dairyland. I'm just outside Phila. and our rates are pretty high here, too. I only pay $292/yr. for full coverage on a 2006 910S. I'm 57, so pretty close to you and I thought that was a pretty good rate for top line coverage.

·
Registered
431 Posts
$292 from Dairyland?! Wow! I think the last quote I got from them was $1200/yr for full coverage. I guess they don't like L.A. :-(

·
Registered
514 Posts
$292 from Dairyland?! Wow! I think the last quote I got from them was $1200/yr for full coverage. I guess they don't like L.A. :-(
yep! you'll pay a lot for LA, probably depends what part of LA your in also. I just moved house last month. I moved from 94115 to 94116 - about 5 miles - I'm still in San francisco - but I got a $70 dollar check back from my insurance company. Overall I pay $662 for three bikes. That's fully comp etc.. No claims against my policy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i just got mine signed up with State Farm for $279/year 100/300/100 with 500comp/1000collision coverage. I'm only 25.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think Geico is the cheapest in NJ for the Sport Bike category. They quoted me 649 for my 312 which is less then half of every one else I've priced out. I'm 50 with no claims or tickets in the last 3 years. As far as the service I have no idea never used them so I need to do a little more research before I decide.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts