MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get woken up by Swinton this morning and get a quote for my F4 RR312 and a Honda CB1300. RSA have gone bust and prices are up by 30 - 40% he said.
Best quote for 6 years NCD and no convictions, alarms on both, Almax 3 series chain and padlock - Groupama, £939 ! 'Kin Hell, chuffing ridiculous, says I.
Sometime later, about 45 minutes to be exact, he dropped it to £723. Then he asked if I had a target price that I would like to pay, (bearing in mind it was £544 last year).
I said £575.
Away he went again whilst I listened to the music and he came back with another discount of £70, plus cashback of £80, giving a final total for both of . . . . . . . .
£573. Now ain't that a miracle ! :jsm:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Insurance companies are a joke , can't even stick to their own rules ! Try Carole Nash if you are still looking.GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
101 Posts
Could you give a bit more detail on that....

I'm with Swinton insured through RSA, are you saying that RSA have gone under?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what he said. Maybe a wrong choice of words on his part. I'm with Swinton / RSA so I'll be in the same boat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So without even trying, I get a call from MCE. Multibike insurance sir ? Yes please I said. That'll be £441.01 then.

Now I'm getting a bit pissed off with these companies because they are ripping us off. Swinton - you are HISTORY

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My insurance coverage for the brute was $228 this year through Allstate, must suck over there.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yikes. Those prices are pretty outrageous. I'm thinking you must be getting a lot more coverage than we are.

Are you keeping your bikes in a garage?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same underwriters, different company (e-bike) £356.59. Swinton, £939 !!!!!!!!!!!
MCE £421 so far, with helmet and leathers cover. Looking to drop this further as well.

Further phone call from MCE - £396.01

e-bike works out to approx £377

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
all my vehicles, two cars, honda civic and mazda miata, and two bikes the brutale and a yamaha roadstar were a total of $1400 for the year.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Swinton - Repsol Blade £138.00 comp

Motorcycle Direct MV F4 R312 £220.02 comp

I don't think RSA are under, just may have pulled from bikes as a few have this year

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had a call from MCE last week concerning my insurance for the Brutale,told me he could knock off around £100 pounds off the quote from last year and then asked me if i was sitting down for some reason anyway the quote came out at £368 as opposed to £476 last year i told him that was pretty good but i didn't pay £476 last year or even £368 i actually paid £220 but could you knock off £100 off of that,he put the phone down on me,bye bye MCE.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
OK got a phone call today 'out of the blue' from an insurance company I was with about 2 years ago (Adelaide Insurance)http://www.adelaideinsurance.com/
I had been with them..but found their prices 'creeping up' each year so went 'online' and have been with 'Bikesure' for the past 2 years.
Anyway the quote from Adelaide was £325.81 fully comp for all 3 of my bikes (Brutale 1078rr..GSX 750 Suzuki..& CBR 900 rr 'fireblade'). Not bad! £281.81 if I leave off the 'fireblade' (I hardly ever use it).
That compares favourably with what I paid last year £371 and over £425 the year before..'online'.
It seems insurance companies 'Can' be competitive...'when' they want your business.
When I get my renewal quote from my present insurers...I'll have an 'interesting' phone conversation.
Brian.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts