MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
SEQLD MVAgusta Riders

Out of interest, what is everyone paying for their insurance and who through? (If insured...)

Cost will depend on a number of factors including where you live, how you garage it etc etc. almost pointless in providing any details of who pays what as it depends on specifics like those that can influence premiums greatly - shop around (if your actually looking to insure). Bounce quotes off competitors - they will drop the premium to get the business.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got quoted about $800 from memory for my 07 Brutale 750 garaged in my house. It dropped $100 by saying in lived at my mum's place 10mins down the road. Says a lot about my suburb!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi BP,
Just thought I would offer my $0.02.
Insurance quotes on these bikes vary greatly. Regardless of age, location, experience and history of the rider you still need to ring around. MV are low volume bikes so insurance companies have very different risk profiles for them.

I have a few bikes and every year I ring around when the insurance is due. Premiums on the same bike can vary by several hundred dollars. I have found famous.com.au was really cheap (discount for being an old bloke), but QBE are price matching. I went for QBE with the MV because I have other bikes insured through them.

cheers
Rob

·
Registered
304 Posts
I insure through famous...stumbled across them a couple of years ago while looking online for quotes. I haven't had to make a claim, but they are underwritten by one of the bigger insurance companies.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I should probably add they were the cheapest at the time and remain very competitive, by several hundred dollars. (No... I don't have shares in the company) just letting you know my experiance.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
My 1078 F4 is insured by InsureMyRide and cost last year $618.00 insured for $21,000.But conditions are only riden on weekends,secured in locked garage etc,etc.:)

·
Registered
568 Posts
When I went to QBE for my Ducati it started at $2600, after shopping around they priced matched at $1500. Several years later and using Famous for price matching I have it down to around $1200 now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome, cheers gents! Insure my ride won't touch me as I've had a suspension in the last 5x years =/ will let you know how I get on.
Sold my ZX10R this week, just need to sell my KX450F, then I'm ready to roll!

·
Registered
307 Posts
OK, thanks guys. It seems my offer was not so good. Too bad I accepted without negotiating. For next year, I'll try to bargain.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A big factor to consider is insurance for mods. Shannons and Insuremyride cap it at 10%. Of all things I'm with NRMA with an agreed value that includes the 10k+ worth of mods I've strapped on after I provided the invoices. It did take some wrangling though. ~$850 per year after full no claim bonus etc etc.

When I previously had the SPR Shannons wouldn't touch it due to the rarity. So much for being an 'enthusiast' insurer. Smart move when I highsided while dodging a fox and went off a cliff a few years later however from my experience their enthusiast branding is a load of bull.

From a claim perspective I've found both QBE and NRMA very good in the past. Funnily enough, most companies are good while you give them money, it's only when you have to get them to pay out where you encounter the grief.

·
Registered
52 Posts
More Options

I'm with insure my ride with agreed value coverage with mods and extras, $750 yearly. I have also just noticed Youi now cover motorcycles for limited use and the online quote advised $450, not sure how they stack up on agreed value. Renewal in Sept and will have to do the comparisons. Kind regards.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
Just paid my renewal with Insure my Ride.$618.00 with $750.00 excess.2009 F4 1078RR.Insured for $21,000.00.

·
Registered
89 Posts
2012 F4R with Shannon's $560 for $22,000 cover.
I checked this last week and found one cheaper, but they had other restrictions that didn't sit well with me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts