MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys n girls,

Has anyone had issues with their instrument panel on gen 1 F4?

I cannot for the life of me get mine to work. It displays speed, temp and mileage, but the "set" button does nothing, so I am unable to change trip or have the clock displayed. I think it's just a faulty button or maybe the internals of the panel, but just encase I'm missing anything does anyone have some advice or had similar issues please? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance all.

Best wishes

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
I think you use the starter button to toggle between them while the bike is running.

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
The starter button is the toggle and reset....you must hold it for more than a few seconds for anything to happen.
Once the engine is running the starter button is used to send a signal to the dash instead of the starter relay.
BUT, you have to hold it down for more than a few seconds. Patience grasshopper. It takes practice.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
You have to press pretty hard on the dash button. Theres no clock on the F4.

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
There's no clock on the F4.
Yes there is... Read section 4 in the owner manual for directions on changing modes and setting various functions....like the clock.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Oops, that was my 2013 F4 that had no clock. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The starter button is the toggle and reset....you must hold it for more than a few seconds for anything to happen.
Once the engine is running the starter button is used to send a signal to the dash instead of the starter relay.
BUT, you have to hold it down for more than a few seconds. Patience grasshopper. It takes practice.
I love this forum, ya'll got the knowledge and nice bunch of people. Thanks very much. I'll go n try it again with more patience and holding the starter button in longer ;) Will update when I've re-attempted this. Thanks bud

·
Registered
886 Posts
To cycle through you need to use the starter as others have stated above. To reset you need to hold down the starter for 4 seconds. Once flashing you need to reset trip meters to zero by holding down the starter for 2 seconds. To change the time you hold down the starter when on the time screen for 4 seconds then use the set button to change the number 0-9. Then to confirm/move across press the starter button briefly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts