MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always thought the red flashing light (when ignition is switched off) on the console was the ignition security working.

I recently noticed that it doesn't flash any more after a period of time (maybe overnight?) when the bike is put to sleep - I do recall it being in a flashing state all the time previously.

It is my understanding that the light is functioning as a security indicator (though it appears in the manual as the rev limiter indicator - which i assume it does when the bike is being ridden) and if so is there now something affecting its operation e.g. fading battery?

thanks

·
Vendor
5,156 Posts
Wish I could help you Steve,but as you know I own an earier model.Hopefully someone with a Y10 bike will chip in and offer some help.All I have to ask you does the bike start OK? To eliminate a battery problem.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Mitch - yeah I was hoping for quick response given there are quite a few MY10+ out there.

That's the weird thing, there is definitely enough juice in the battery to start but there has been the occasional problem with the starter button (i.e. press it and ...nothing - dash boot up and all the clicks and whirs with the fuelling is fine )

·
Vendor
5,156 Posts
Steve,on that last shop ride we went on,there was a guy their with a black Y10 (can't remember his name) he had the same problem with the starter button and was going to get the bike shop to sort it.Have you rung Moto Arena yet?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve,on that last shop ride we went on,there was a guy their with a black Y10 (can't remember his name) he had the same problem with the starter button and was going to get the bike shop to sort it.Have you rung Moto Arena yet?
Yeah - I have contacted them - J said probably contacts on starter (may need replacement or clean (if you can?)). Bit more vague on indicator light flashing (or not) - doesn't really make sense if it is a loose connection as it operates fine - but seems to stop after a certain time.

Just monitoring at this moment and get it checked properly next service - before warranty runs out :)

·
Administrator
18,841 Posts
Nothing in the owner manual? I don't really have much familiarity with the newer bikes. Seems like the manual should explain what the light is and the function.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing in the owner manual? I don't really have much familiarity with the newer bikes. Seems like the manual should explain what the light is and the function.
Nah - the manual is next to useless for detail - all it says is that (when switched on) the light is the rev limiter warning light. It has always normally flashed when the bike is switched off. It seems now that after about 12 hours it decides not to flash.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It has always normally flashed when the bike is switched off. It seems now that after about 12 hours it decides not to flash.
It stops flashing after some 10-12 hours. This is perfectly normal. At least both my F4 MY2010 and current RR both do that.
The purpose of this light is a bit unclear to me as well. I have a vague impression it may have something to do with the anti-theft device, but I really do not know for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts