MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard it is to install mesh screens a la Ago,Senna, Tamburini, or1000R on a F41000S?

I could someone with a Senna, Ago, or Tamburini take a picture of the inside of the fairing? I'm curious to see how much mesh is needed. Is that mess available any any hardware store?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
How hard it is to install mesh screens a la Ago,Senna, Tamburini, or1000R on a F41000S?

I could someone with a Senna, Ago, or Tamburini take a picture of the inside of the fairing? I'm curious to see how much mesh is needed. Is that mess available any any hardware store?

Allen I did it to my F4 and got it from emoto I just simply took a piece of paper to make my shapes and cut the screen/mesh to size. It was pretty simple to stick them on with some silicone the clear stuff. Some say hot glue but I just used silicone and it has lasted for 13 months and numerous hot days, and cleanings.

MV SP actually sells these already pre-cut you can find them here:
F4 complete kit of black air-gratings

You can get them in black or silver. I have a red/silver so I chose silver looks pretty nice. Not to trick just right!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I have just taken mine off the top fairing :jsm: After spending an awfull lot of money some years back on MVSP air tubes, and quite liking the the glimpse of carbon through the top fairing vents, they now live in my box of bits named "for replacing when/if I ever sell it!"

The other reason for removing them is they interfere with the fit between the top fairing, side fairing, and air tube, it's much nicer looking without them! I also have a feeling the side fairing rear one's make the bike run hotter in traffic when there is little air flow, they may be next for the spares bin :naughty:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I also did the vent thing on my S, the post and photos are on here somewhere Allan, its very easy and an afternoon is all it takes, I used the mesh avaliable from emoto, as great as it looks the mesh supplied is finer that the stuff used by MV, but the advantage is of the finer mesh is you can form it and get some nice creases....this would be more difficult with the MV guage mesh.
I also agree with Mike, that if you have carbon tubes you want to see them, but the ones on the fairings cover up the sight of the relays ect

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I'll check eMoto's site. The part I really wanted to mesh was the fairing hold that show the fuse box.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yup, I did it. I ended up using High Temp black silicon to adhere the pieces. I first used hot glue and the hot glue started to melt from the engine heat. So, I went straight to the high temp silicone used for making head gaskets.

I sourced some black aluminum mosquito screen which is a lot like what Emoto sells.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Just go to Staples and buy the silver Letter tray they have there...its like 10 bucks. Just cut that out and use silicone. Hot glue melts from the engine temp and epoxy is very brittle after it dries.

Believe me ive tried them all

cost me about 15 bucks to do the 3 vents on each faring :f4:

·
Registered
85 Posts
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=738&page=1&pp=10

You can see the mesh on the vents on my bike here. I think it looks great especially on the seat hump vents.

I attached mine using thin double sided adhesive 'pad' tape from Halfords which is for securing bumpers (fenders) number pates it is weather and heat resistand has been on 12 months and no problems makes removal and adjustment easier as well. Just be careful when taking off body panels you don't get the mesh out of shape with engine parts or finger tips. :f4:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Allan I used double-sided tape as well. It's the Scotch Super Heavy Duty Mounting Tape rated up to 5lbs. I picked it up at Lowe's in the paints and adhesives department. I had a hard time finding it because the CSR's had no idea if they carried it nor where to find it. Its great because it can be stretched and/or kneaded. This stuff was a recommendation of Mark over at PI and he uses it for the same application. :moped:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had forgot about this project until I was at Target last night and saw a silver mesh trash can for $5.00. So, on impluse, I bought it and some silicon glue. Didn't finish until 1:00 a.m. last night (told you it was on impluse) but I got the side fairings (glue) and tail section (two sided tape).

Hardest part was getting the glue to hold down the mesh (lots of glue and a blow dryer) and I'm not sure how long it will hold. I'm going to try getting stronger two sided tape if it doesn't. I still have 1/2 the trash can incase I need to redo it. I like the look especially considering Pro Italia wanted $180.00 for the pieces and it only cost me $7.00.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I just traced out the areas i wanted covered and added about a half inch all around. That way i could mold the ends over so i would have a place to glue to. I used the red RTV silicone which has held up great. My mesh was a 7 dollar letter tray from Staples.

Just for cosmetic reason dont forget to have the mesh go the same way. I made the mistake of having the triangles going one way on one piece and another way on the other. Looks fine but the OCD kicked in and i needed to change it so the triangles went in the same direction

1 - 19 of 19 Posts