MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im thinking about putting the stock qc carrier from an f4 1000 onto my 750, could some kind sir send me a quick list of do's and don'ts as id really really like not to screw it up epicly on this particular occaision

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Charles. QC "set up"

This is my understanding only from staring at manuals and looking at a few bikes..feel free to critique ...Until I have actually stripped down the 2009 and 2010 axles I have, I can't go any further as no measurements yet.

What do to the casual observer looks like the carrier cover is in fact the part that is splined and as such is an element in the stack which means once tightened with the sprocket nut does not move.

The floating part of the carrier does move a little. It's movement inboard ( ie towards the hub has to be impeded by the washer which sits immediately left of the hub unit. This washer needs to impinge on the floating part of the carrier so that this element can't contact the hub. The carrier can still move outboard ie to the left a little on the bobbins ,but not to the right.

This is believed to be Haupti's problem as the washer appears to have too small a diameter to stop the movement of the floating carrier to the right and therefore the castellated end of the hub has been chewed to FCUK ( sorry to swear ; ) .

I'm going to strip back the 2009 hub and axle I have and see what size washer is against the carrier/hub.
I'll photograph the whole lot and dimension it if anyone is interested for the record. I also have 2010 hub I'll do the same too.

It would be very useful Charles , when you strip your 750 to do the same. If you can then we'll have a full picture for reference.
I think that could be useful .
joe

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Get the sprocket carrier and cush drive carrier from a 1000, and install it. Read the manual, use the OEM washers...in the right positions. Easy realy.
Make sure you use new sprockets and matchin chain.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
You need the larger outer diameter spacer 8000A3252.
Other than that it is pretty simple I believe.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+1

You need the larger outer diameter spacer 8000A3252.
Other than that it is pretty simple I believe.
Yup, I think so too. Just to make sure, I would like to hear from other 7fiddy owners also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay cheers, any idea on acquisition time for the bigger washer? or would I be better buying a kit like the afam or talon?

according to design corse "All fittings included."

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
okay cheers, any idea on acquisition time for the bigger washer? or would I be better buying a kit like the afam or talon?

I wouldn't hold my breath on think that AFAM or Talon is supplying spacers with their kits. I suggest You ask Design Corse about it first.

·
Vendor
5,366 Posts
I had some washers made,contact Noel,he has a few in stock and should be able to post one to you.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts

Charles, There is an F4 1000R QR sprocket carrier set up on sale on Ebay for EURO 80.00 complete..Plus a bit of postage . That sounds like a good deal to me ; )

Joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would that be the red one? And thanks guys, i wasnt sure if it would be that simple... I recon my fears would be assuaged if i could get the damn nut of the rear sprocket but absolutly no movement, i even tried an impact driver and yes i am following the manual and turning it anti clockwise, well it would be nice if it would turn

·
Vendor
5,366 Posts
Mate that nut on the sprocket side is the easy one to undo with a breaker bar.The wheel side nut is normally the stubborn one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wheel one was hard enough, but this, with the bike in gear and someone sitting on it the rear tyre is still breaking traction and turning... Dont have a decent length bar, so got a slieve to put on the end and with me standing on it nothing, and id give a concervative guess that the would be about 500nm ffs

It was easier to take the wheel nut off a jcb

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Although, i was having trouble getting the socket to stay on the nut, so i couldnt put my full weight on it... So lets say mabye half that figure...

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Charles..If I were u I'd take the bike and the socket down to your local quik fit and ask them nicely to loosen it off with a rattle gun. Just to crack it off if you see what I mean and then nip it up..off home and start again. The rattle gun is the boss ; )

The sprocket carrier is from Italy... Motocambria..Nice guys and I have dealt with them..They don't go crazy with postal charges....

atb joe

·
Vendor
5,366 Posts
The wheel one was hard enough, but this, with the bike in gear and someone sitting on it the rear tyre is still breaking traction and turning... Dont have a decent length bar, so got a slieve to put on the end and with me standing on it nothing, and id give a concervative guess that the would be about 500nm ffs

It was easier to take the wheel nut off a jcb
You are not supposed to undo the rear nuts with the bike in gear,you could do damage to the gearbox.Have you got the correct rear nut tool rather than a plain socket? The nuts are tapered.Like Joe said any tyre centre will be able to loosen the nut with a strong impact gun.Good luck.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Charles;

like Mitch said;

NEVER put the bike in gear to undo either 55mm axle nut, or the counter shaft or clutch hub nuts

put a tie down strap through the wheel and hook the ends to the foot peg mounts

like Joe said;

if you don't have a big enough air impact go to a tyre shop

the QC carrier needs a larger diameter washer between it and the hub, PM me your address i'll send you one

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Noel
I've just had a Talon QC carrier fitted and noticed that the chain is out of line by about 5mm, compared to the plastic chain guides on the sub frame. I take it that this is what your talking about above......................... 'the QC carrier needs a larger washer between it and the hub' ???
If so do you have any left and can I get hold of one please?

Regards
Andy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts