Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New toy arrived today :)
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1403803504.026900.jpg

·
Registered
749 Posts
Boss above boss as we say over here. :naughty: Are those buttons there to control the ignition time?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's to adjust the loading on the sensor, you can adjust it from anything between 1 - 40kg

·
Registered
749 Posts
No it's to adjust the loading on the sensor, you can adjust it from anything between 1 - 40kg
Aah, that's nice. Can't have a generic product without it i guess. Since not all gearboxes require the same amount of force to shift.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fitted but ran out of time to test it. For those thinking of investing in one, the live feed needs to be connected to an ignition live and not the battery, I wired it into the rear light, it's also a lot easier than taking all the plastics off and the petrol tank to get to the battery :( that's a couple hours I'll never get back :laughing:
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1404163196.854724.jpg

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nicely done mod... Was that an official MV one or??

My Italia came with one as standard & it has F3 written on it... Love it... Brraaaappppppp :)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it's a Cordona one, my brutale didn't come with a shifter and the MV one was expensive to say the least, this ones smaller, neater and apparently better but certainly cheaper :laughing:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
[quote=Ackers i"t's also a lot easier than taking all the plastics off and the petrol tank to get to the battery :( that's a couple hours I'll never get back :laughing:

Chris getting the tank off is a ten minute job, not sure what you were doing but it is fairly easy, trust me I have done it many times now.

jimboF4

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What B800 mods are you planning on?

Chris getting the tank off is a ten minute job, not sure what you were doing but it is fairly easy, trust me I have done it many times now.

jimboF4

Unscrew and remove rear side panels 4 screws, unscrew and remove side panels 8 screws, unscrew and remove front air intake covers 2 screws, unscrew tank 6 screws, un clip fuel line and wiring and remove tank. Route and secure wiring to battery, check the power is connected to quickshifter and reassemble the bike in the reverse process. On setting up the quickshifter realise that it cannot be set up with a permanent live (contrary to what I was told by the supplier). Perform above process all over again, this time connecting the live up to the rear light.

And you could do all that in 10 mins Jimbo? Next time perhaps you'd like to come down and do it for me, I'll supply the tea and biscuits ;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nope I said remove tank ten minutes, refit another ten. Not difficult at all. Then again I do like to take things apart, a lot, maybe I need help, having four MV's you tend to get a lot of opportunity to pull the bikes apart, And on the biscuit front it must be Maryland choc chip cookies.

jimboF4

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasn't that far off then, maybe 15mins for me then, x 4 plus connect up shifter twice, plus tea, plus biscuits (chocolate Hob Nobs) = 2 hours ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sounds like a mechanic party, I'll supply the "poffertjes" !!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sounds like a mechanic party, I'll supply the "poffertjes" !!
When I have to go to Brussels on business I do love your poffertjes, oh and the steak and frites, and the mussels, and the Grimbergen triple,and the grande place. In fact there are a great number of things I like about Belgium.

jimboF4

·
Registered
639 Posts
When I have to go to Brussels on business I do love your poffertjes, oh and the steak and frites, and the mussels, and the Grimbergen triple,and the grande place. In fact there are a great number of things I like about Belgium.

jimboF4

Belgium....
You Irish folks sure have a strange kind of humor Jimbo :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Belgium....
You Irish folks sure have a strange kind of humor Jimbo :stickpoke

We English think anything over the water is foreign, in fact anywhere more than 20 miles from where we live is strange to us, and as we rarely speak any other languages we tend to think its all just a bit odd to us and we loose track of where we are and what country we are in lol.

I did once speed a few weeks in a port near Gronnigen, and a very nice area of the Netherlands it was, I remember the Orangeboom very fondly.:smoking:

jimboF4

·
Registered
639 Posts
We English think anything over the water is foreign, in fact anywhere more than 20 miles from where we live is strange to us, and as we rarely speak any other languages we tend to think its all just a bit odd to us and we loose track of where we are and what country we are in lol.

I did once speed a few weeks in a port near Gronnigen, and a very nice area of the Netherlands it was, I remember the Orangeboom very fondly.:smoking:

jimboF4
You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

·
Registered
749 Posts
After hard work on the Brutale and timber it's time for a refreshment.

Cheers. :naughty:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Are you building yourself a wooden bike lift :stickpoke

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well it's built to last and it would easily support the Brute. Add a jack and it's ready to go.

I'm about to start with my latest mod. Cutting the panel underneath the seat. I'm going to cut it near the passenger pegs frame. This way i can remove/attach the frame with far less effort. Only two clips and four bolts and a lot more workspace.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts