MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Turismo Veloce 800 2019, DR-Z400SM, VanVan RV125
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. Well, not quite all. The install was easy even for a spanner-klutz like me. And the difference is huuuuge. Even at 70mph+ the ride is quiet, and no ringing in the ears afterwards. Very, very pleased.

Here it is:
20210409_130818_001.jpg

Registered
2020 MVAugusta Turismo Veloce Lusso, 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 1955 Sunbeam S8
The title says it all. Well, not quite all. The install was easy even for a spanner-klutz like me. And the difference is huuuuge. Even at 70mph+ the ride is quiet, and no ringing in the ears afterwards. Very, very pleased.

Here it is:
View attachment 485498
Glad to hear that on both counts, as I've one on order. Any fitting tips appreciated. 馃槈

Registered
Howzabout a polaroid front on,, ur catal8tic converter looks like it's made of bronze
Lovely machine chief

Registered

Here it is:
View attachment 485498
Best money I鈥檝e spent on my TV up to now!
The standard screen in any position was horrendously loud. It made riding the bike at motorway speeds very unpleasant.
The Puig with the air deflector fitted reduced the noise considerably even on the lowest setting. We worth the money!

Registered

Here it is:
View attachment 485498
Show us from front please

Registered
I installed one as soon as I bought mine. Last ride I can confirm it鈥檚 good in the low position up to about 100mph, at which point it becomes a bit buffeting.

For me, at 6鈥 4鈥, I get a bit of wind around my neck and helmet rather than my body, which is good.

I鈥檓 yet to try it in the high position.

Got mine for only 拢70 from XL Moto.

Registered
The deflector on the Puig made the most difference for my TVL. I like the look of the stock screen, but it doesn't work well.

I pull my screen down while in town and up over about 50 mph so I can hear myself think.

Registered
I pull my screen down while in town and up over about 50 mph so I can hear myself think.
Whel related to noise in the helmet, I believe one element to consider is the helmet: noise is clearly dependent upon than single component and I can tell you results are surprising.

Experience with 3 bikes and 2 helmets
  • Shoei GT-AIR. Ducati Monster : Helmet confort is high, and noise is quite low. Triumph Street Triple : Helmet comfort is high, and noise is quite low. Turismo Veloce & OEM Windscreen : Helmet comfort is low due to the turbulences and the noise is very high with a bike not ridable without earplugs. Turismo Veloce & Puig Windscreen: Helmet comfort is medium due to the turbulences (there is still some) and the noise is high (earplug is not mandatory but bring better comfort). The Puig deflector reduce both noise and Turbulence, but it is still not as good as on the Street Triple or the Monster
  • Shoei NXR. That is where it become interesting : it is slightly more noisy on the Street Triple and on the Monster, but very much less on the TV with the Puig Screen (without deflector), and in the TV case, I don't feel the trubulences anymore being an issue. I've not tried with the deflector or with the OEM windscreen.

That being said, it's difficult to try a helmet in riding conditions before buying, and some of us tend to stick to a helmet model/brand due to personal choices, but it should be really something to do when consider a new helmet...

Reactions: bonio

Registered
I wear a Schuberth C4. It is supposed to be a quiet helmet and this brand fits my noggin. I remember riding my GS1200, which had a huge air pocket to get behind. I do not expect that with the TVL and I like the configuration I have. I was wandering mainly about the seat. My guess is that it would fit.

Registered
For what it鈥檚 worth I rode the bike this morning. Tried the screen up and down at about 70mph.

In low position its quieter but with more buffeting.

In high position it鈥檚 much noisier but with significantly less buffeting.

I wear an Arai QV Pro with custom fit noise cancelling earplugs.

Registered
Ride a TV with a standard screen and Schuberth C3 Pro, no ear plugs. It is quieter with the screen down than up.

Registered
2020 MVAugusta Turismo Veloce Lusso, 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 1955 Sunbeam S8
Whel related to noise in the helmet, I believe one element to consider is the helmet: noise is clearly dependent upon than single component and I can tell you results are surprising.

Experience with 3 bikes and 2 helmets
  • Shoei GT-AIR. Ducati Monster : Helmet confort is high, and noise is quite low. Triumph Street Triple : Helmet comfort is high, and noise is quite low. Turismo Veloce & OEM Windscreen : Helmet comfort is low due to the turbulences and the noise is very high with a bike not ridable without earplugs. Turismo Veloce & Puig Windscreen: Helmet comfort is medium due to the turbulences (there is still some) and the noise is high (earplug is not mandatory but bring better comfort). The Puig deflector reduce both noise and Turbulence, but it is still not as good as on the Street Triple or the Monster
  • Shoei NXR. That is where it become interesting : it is slightly more noisy on the Street Triple and on the Monster, but very much less on the TV with the Puig Screen (without deflector), and in the TV case, I don't feel the trubulences anymore being an issue. I've not tried with the deflector or with the OEM windscreen.

That being said, it's difficult to try a helmet in riding conditions before buying, and some of us tend to stick to a helmet model/brand due to personal choices, but it should be really something to do when consider a new helmet...
Interesting, as I came from a Monster to the TV, also own a Street Triple and wear a GT Air.

Monster, never any noise issues. Street Triple was horrendously noisy when I first got it, but without the flyscreen and just a cowl, it's far quieter but with less wind protection.

Standard TV screen is quieter for me at 5" 10' at the lowest setting but offers far more protection at the top setting. Puig screen (without visor) fitted this evening, so see how I go with that over the weekend.

I'm also due a new lid shortly, though I'm looking at modular rather than another full face. Schuberth C3 Pro and Shoei Neotec 2 are the two current favourites. Whatever helmet, I'd always wear earplugs regardless though, to protect my hearing.

Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
Interesting, as I came from a Monster to the TV, also own a Street Triple and wear a GT Air.

Monster, never any noise issues. Street Triple was horrendously noisy when I first got it, but without the flyscreen and just a cowl, it's far quieter but with less wind protection.

Standard TV screen is quieter for me at 5" 10' at the lowest setting but offers far more protection at the top setting. Puig screen (without visor) fitted this evening, so see how I go with that over the weekend.

I'm also due a new lid shortly, though I'm looking at modular rather than another full face. Schuberth C3 Pro and Shoei Neotec 2 are the two current favourites. Whatever helmet, I'd always wear earplugs regardless though, to protect my hearing.
What did you say?

Registered
I've been experimenting with the Puig equipped with the foil..

I ordered a foil twice the size and mounted it to the existing Puig foil bracket. Seems to make even more of a difference but haven't got enough time testing it out.

It is 11" x 5" and unfortunately it did not arrive with the correct amount of tint but was only $30usd, a cheap test.

It was provided with other mounts and unfortunately also filled with un-matching holes cut/drilled that I wasn't aware of.

Registered
Turismo Veloce 800 2019, DR-Z400SM, VanVan RV125
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
  • Shoei NXR. That is where it become interesting : it is slightly more noisy on the Street Triple and on the Monster, but very much less on the TV with the Puig Screen (without deflector), and in the TV case, I don't feel the trubulences anymore being an issue.
That is interesting: wouldn't have occurred to me to consider an NXR. I've just got a new GT-Air and hope it's going to be ok on the bike.

Registered
I just bought the new CNC touring screen hope to get it soon. It is an extra 30mm higher than the puig touring. They just came out with it a few months ago. I kinda wanted to get the new 2021 MV screen.

edit: now that I think about it more I might just wait to get the new factory 2021 screen lol

Registered
I just bought the new CNC touring screen hope to get it soon. It is an extra 30mm higher than the puig touring. They just came out with it a few months ago. I kinda wanted to get the new 2021 MV screen.

edit: now that I think about it more I might just wait to get the new factory 2021 screen lol

That screen is not 30 mm higher than the puig touring,, in fact is is shorter but it does measure a bit wider.

Puig touring is 485 x 305

CNC touring is 460 x 320

1 - 20 of 21 Posts