MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although, I know stuff is expensive for our bikes, but what the hell on the Evoluzione kit? I recieved mine today, and though it does clean up the rear quite nicely....what the hell?

It's only held on by one bolt? Although the part doesn't really have to be "sturdy", it feels a bit weak for it's price. Yeah, the spacer is CNC'd, but damn, you don't even see it! For $70, WITHOUT turn signals, I was expecting a little more than what I got.

Atleast they include the plastic ringed nuts that don't back out, but you even had to use existing hardware. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it was a bit weak to me.

I dunno why I'm thinkin this way, but feels like an absolute HORRIBLE purchase after seeing it in person. Maybe it's because I waited a little over 3 weeks to get it, but damn, what a waste of $70. If my dealer wasn't such a great dealership, I'de return it and eat the 20% restocking fee...

Sorry, had to vent :laughing:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Just look at the bright side............none of us will be wasting $70 on it, so for that I thank you. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously, it's two pieces of metal that don't even need to be two pieces. One for the light, that pancakes on top of the plate bracket. If it were billet, OK, it's billet, or even carbon, I could justify it being $70 even though you can't see it. it's be one of those "attention to detail things. But it's cheap stamped flimsy metal....wtf? They make the same ones for jap bikes that bolt in TWO places for $20 at local rapists, Cycle Gear.

Honestly, make your own. Sounds ghetto, but after you paint it black, you get the same results. Or buy the Watsen Design one. This one is JUNK. If anybody wants it for a lower price....hit me up :laughing:

·
Registered
735 Posts
silly monkey :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Can you post a picture of this part, Nate or Homer? I don't know what it is or where it fits. :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://store.proitalia.com/ev9202x.html

It says "it significantly reduces weight, built from 5052 h32 aluminum, blah blah...."

Whatever, anything would be light if it was made from scrap metal. :laughing:

Here's a pic of it assembled from behind. Although there's really no weight or stress on it, EVERYTHING is held on/together, by that ONE long bolt. I don't even have the signals mounted yet to further clutter up the look back there. You'de think for $70 they'de give you more than a zip tie too. Or atleast something to aid in cleaning up the rear ends wires. Yes, you can just run it straight into the hole as instructed, but damn, you'de think there'd be a little more to the kit...

Look at how tacky looking that is!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I'm still not sure what it is Nate. Is it the licence plate holder?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes...and it's junk. Well, not junk, for $70 it is.

I know our stuff "needs" to be inflated...but I even think $40 would be pushing it. And that $40 would be "fair" considering the prices on everything else for the bike. But $70 is just extremely rediculous for what you get.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I have a carbon one for my F4. I got it for £50 off the guys who sold me my bike. They are apparently over £100 new. It's OK at 50 quid but I wouldn't want to pay over £100 for it.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice pics Homer. Is that you with no hands jumping the crosser?

Here's a couple of pictures of my plate holder on the F4, it's difficult to see properly because of the size of the licence plate itself, but it gives you an idea. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sweet! love the carbon fiber :green: Out of funds. plan to add much carbon in a month or two.

Ya, thats me doing the no hander. My wife was getting board with taking pics of us flyin over jumps so she talked me into doing a few big moves while in the air. Interesting thing about this shot is that this was me turning 41!

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
oicdn said:
http://store.proitalia.com/ev9202x.html

It says "it significantly reduces weight, built from 5052 h32 aluminum, blah blah...."

Whatever, anything would be light if it was made from scrap metal. :laughing:

Here's a pic of it assembled from behind. Although there's really no weight or stress on it, EVERYTHING is held on/together, by that ONE long bolt. I don't even have the signals mounted yet to further clutter up the look back there. You'de think for $70 they'de give you more than a zip tie too. Or atleast something to aid in cleaning up the rear ends wires. Yes, you can just run it straight into the hole as instructed, but damn, you'de think there'd be a little more to the kit...

Look at how tacky looking that is!
Fantastic!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, but see, on the F4, you NEED that long bolt. They coulda very well made the bracket a sturdier design for the Brutale as there's no pipes to go through. You have to plug the other holes in the undertail so dirt and grime don't get up in there. They coulda made the bracket still look nice but utilize the out mounting points. It would also hide the wiring going into the storage compartment from a side view. :mad:

But yeah, pay for it or don't. Wish I woulda saw it in person 1st though...then I wouldn't have paid for it :laughing:

John, I would LOVE to own something made out of carbon for the rear end, but the US plates are 1/5 the size of the UK plates....I think carbon ones only look good with Euro plates cause it doesn't overwhelm the plate with fender...definitly looks nice on your bike, and any other euro bike for that matter, no doubt. It's one of those "the little things" that I like.

The only positive I see about this kit is that beside it being so minimal, is that it uses the rear light. Florida law requires you to have a rear plate light AND a rear reflector.

Atleast I can put my Italian flag reflector on the stock plate light. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry!

The Rizoma I purchased was about the same money, came with 2 mounting holes and has a cool LED light for the plate. Top quality piece.

Not rubbing it in, just sharing what I feel is a great piece and well worth it.

You did others a service by sharing your findings, thanks!

John T

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
airfuel said:
Sorry!

The Rizoma I purchased was about the same money, came with 2 mounting holes and has a cool LED light for the plate. Top quality piece.

Not rubbing it in, just sharing what I feel is a great piece and well worth it.

You did others a service by sharing your findings, thanks!

John T
John, can you post a photo of the Rizoma on your bike? Thanks Mate. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts