MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of the eMoto carbon airbox panels, air intake panels, clock housing and tail piece. I somehow lost the the MV upper chainguard bolt when I was installing the rear hugger so I will post those pics as soon as I can get it installed. I am very happy with the quality of the carbon pieces. The only problem I really had was with was the clock housing. There is a glued on plastic and rubber nipple that broke off because it was not aligned properly. However, the until is perfectly secure with the two screws that hold it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
annuci,

What type of mesh did you go with? The small or large diamond? I want the mesh to look like MV's. eMoto PM'd me saying that they had large diamond like MVSP. That's the look I want.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MVITALIAN said:
annuci,

What type of mesh did you go with? The small or large diamond? I want the mesh to look like MV's. eMoto PM'd me saying that they had large diamond like MVSP. That's the look I want.
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea. I didn't see any such option for the mesh when I ordered.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MV Blackie said:
the clockhouse & tailsection look realy neet, but to be honest, i dont like to much carbon (effect) on one bike

I tend to agree. But remember these are closeups using flash photography. It looks way more subdued in person when viewing the bike as a whole.

·
Registered
456 Posts
annuci the CF looks great! I'm so impressed with eMoto's carbon. Top quality stuff. I know Pigiolino won't lay off the fact to you or to anyone that it's not MVSP carbon but I'm telling you it's so close that it's hard to tell the difference. I've held them both in my hands. And, you can't beat the fact that it's more than 50% less the MVSP.

You should let them know about the piece breaking off on your instrument cluster surround. I'm sure that they would send you another. They are great like that.

Bike really looks wonderful :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MVITALIAN said:
annuci the CF looks great! I'm so impressed with eMoto's carbon. Top quality stuff. I know Pigiolino won't lay off the fact to you or to anyone that it's not MVSP carbon but I'm telling you it's so close that it's hard to tell the difference. I've held them both in my hands. And, you can't beat the fact that it's more than 50% less the MVSP.

You should let them know about the piece breaking off on your instrument cluster surround. I'm sure that they would send you another. They are great like that.

Bike really looks wonderful :)
Thanks. I aready notified eMoto about the clock housing problem and they did offer to replace it, but the thing is, two other people from brutaleforum.com complained about the same problem a long time ago. So chances are, they do not have the problem sorted out yet. Plus, the unit is very sturdy even with the piece breaking off. So I am keeping it. eMoto's customer service is really amazing. They even offered to help me with the chainguard bolt I lost.
About the cost, the MV Corse carbon probably is better in looks and fitment. But I just could not justify the high cost. Everybody must decide for themselves if it's worth it. Pigiolino thinks it is, so more power to him. But I commute on this bike and will also take it to the track. So chances are the carbon will not look perfect in the long run. So I figured, why pay twice as much.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You never know about the CF instrument cluster back. Mine fit perfect from them. Maybe give it a try! Once again the bike looks great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anal tip: you can take the CRC logo off the plastic airram with a hairdryer and razor blade and put it on the emoto piece for the factory look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Air intake fitment

Tony:

Did you have to remove the tank, ie, disconnect the fuel line at the bottom, to install the air intakes? I also have the air intakes from Emoto, but have been hesitating to pull the tank, since I've seen a number of posts stating that folks broke the fuel line coupler when they tried to take the tank off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tim

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
timmp said:
Tony:

Did you have to remove the tank, ie, disconnect the fuel line at the bottom, to install the air intakes? I also have the air intakes from Emoto, but have been hesitating to pull the tank, since I've seen a number of posts stating that folks broke the fuel line coupler when they tried to take the tank off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tim
I would be lying if I said it was not a big pain in the ass. It was. It took me many hours because I did not want to bite the bullet and pull off the tank. If I had just pulled off the tank in the first place it would have been a 20 minute job. Instead I carefully lifted the tank back and sort of balanced it on the frame. It also would have beed a lot easier with two people. What made it difficult is that the ducts are held in place by three small allen screws and the middle one is very difficult to get at. After I lowered and repositioned the tank the bike would not start. Two of the couple-free hoses had come off and one of the fuel lines had indeed come off but somehow I did not break the coupler. At least I think I didn't as I was able to snap the line back in place. After I replaced the hoses that had come undone the bike started and I don't smell gas, so I think that is a good sign.
My advice is to get someone to help hold the tank while you disconnect the fuel lines and completely remove the tank. It will make the job a lot easier.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had already put a couple of MVSP carbon pieces on my 910, but it was getting quite expensive. Thought I'd try a small piece from Emoto just to see, so i ordered an upper chain guard. The piece arrived quite quickly and the finish was very nice, quite close to the original MV stuff. Fitment though was a bit off and required drilling out a hole and adding a shim. Still, not a big deal and I am happy considering the savings.
I just ordered the tail piece from them, I'm hoping for the best. I think I'm saving about $130 buying the Emoto piece.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BruteAli said:
Anal tip: you can take the CRC logo off the plastic airram with a hairdryer and razor blade and put it on the emoto piece for the factory look.
Thanks. Yes, I read this on the brutaleforum. Once I recover from this weekend's marathon carbon installation session, I plan on doing that.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fess said:
I had already put a couple of MVSP carbon pieces on my 910, but it was getting quite expensive. Thought I'd try a small piece from Emoto just to see, so i ordered an upper chain guard. The piece arrived quite quickly and the finish was very nice, quite close to the original MV stuff. Fitment though was a bit off and required drilling out a hole and adding a shim. Still, not a big deal and I am happy considering the savings.
I just ordered the tail piece from them, I'm hoping for the best. I think I'm saving about $130 buying the Emoto piece.
You should be saving way more than that. The MV Corse piece is $508 and the eMoto piece close to $225.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts