MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we had a window of good weather (relatively speaking!) which meant I could have a proper ride on my new Toy, did about 100 miles and all I can say the more I ride the more I like, suspension, brakes, handing, loads of torque and even the sound with the std cans... all tick the right boxes for me. Only complaint is those tacky mirrors which are annoying at best!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I did almost 3.5k miles on mine last year, once the good weather comes you be able to stay off it .

I managed to sort the mirrors by applying two bits of black double side foam tape (for no.plates)under the mirror glass in the areas they were vibrating then slicing it off flush with the glass .

No more mirror noise .

Steve

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to sort the mirrors by applying two bits of black double side foam tape (for no.plates)under the mirror glass in the areas they were vibrating then slicing it off flush with the glass .

No more mirror noise .

Steve
Do you have a pic where you put the tape?

Shaun

·
Registered
229 Posts
I tried to take some today but they didn't turn out very well, just identify the area where the glass is closest to the housing in 2 places , it is only ever going to drop so this will be in the lower area.

you may have to try a few different places but it wll work and your bike will still look as the factory intended.

Hope this helps .

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yesterday we had a window of good weather (relatively speaking!) which meant I could have a proper ride on my new Toy, did about 100 miles and all I can say the more I ride the more I like, suspension, brakes, handing, loads of torque and even the sound with the std cans... all tick the right boxes for me. Only complaint is those tacky mirrors which are annoying at best!
Billy, you've hit the mark, kinda fluttering mirrror. I've already tried to fix it up but failed, will follow Steve's advice.
Bye

Mimmo

·
Registered
456 Posts
the mirror stays put i put on some really really thin double sided tape on the ball of the ball and socket on the back of the mirror and it stays put.

that and the fact the mirrors are useless since they don't extend far enough.

great bike to ride, but damn the gas mileage is horrible i'm getting 22mpg, wtf? lol

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

No more mirror noise .

Steve
Done this, yep it worked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts