MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my new 2006 Brutale 910S Red/Black Frame on January 2. Despite an earlier test ride, the rush of the Brutale was a nice deja vu. Can't wait for the break-in period to end. This forum has been very helpful in learning about after-market add-ons, etc. One really helpful item I found today was that the bike comes with a rear stand, which the dealer had 'forgotten'. He apologized and said I can pick it up.

Especially for those who browse this forum when trying to make a purchasing decision, so far the Brutale has been an absolute blast. I recently sold my Ducati MH900e to get the Brutale. Although the MH900e was a great bike at normal speeds, the 'sporty' position and its very limited turning angle made it a nightmare for me at slow, parking lot speeds, espcially since I am about 5'8". To the MH900e's credit, it was a beautiful bike with the best finish I have seen to date on bikes, and I got a lot of 'nice bike' comments from strangers. So far no one has complimented me on the Brutale (not that it matters to me). Also having owned a Ducati 996 in the past, the Brutale gives that same type of thrill, with full ease and comfort. I can't get over the fact that the Brutale is so much more ergonomic, and so easy to ride.

The Brutale has been very satisfying so far, and I cannot really think of any complaints. Even the mirrors are much better than the ones on the MH900e, where you can ONLY see your elbows. On the Brutale they vibrate, but you can at least make out 'something'. I have ordered a rear hugger from eMoto since I noticed the underseat area was getting dirty.

Ride safe...

Attachments

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Glad to hear you love it!! :drummer: Congrats! :hitit:

I hear you on the rear hugger, I told myself to get one and now I have 4000 miles and still haven't gotten one...... :loser:

ok.............I'm done............next!

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
COngrats on the new ride!

My opinion about the break in period.....just dump the oil 3 times before its first service, baby it for the first 50 miles, then start to get into the throttle and have fun.

Also, the nice bike comments may be replaced by what I frequently hear, "what the hell is that thing?", which I find even more appealing. In fact, the only other bike that I heard those same words as frequently was my 95 Buell that I have had since new, no one knew what it was!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes i love it when they go what the Hell is that thing. Even people that know bikes have never seen a Brutale. I also like when after you tell them how bitchen and fast the bike is they say your crazy. Concrads on the 910S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts