MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions.

1- Somewhere on the web I ran across an embroidered MV Agusta patch which measured 14" wide. I can't find the site. Does anyone know where to get one?

2- If my efforts at reducing temperature don't get it then I would like to follow MikeF4UK's advice and look into putting vents in the side fairings. Can anyone tell me if the F4 1000 side fairings are exact duplicates of the Tambos? If so then perhaps I can find a pair from a damaged F4 to experiment with.

·
Registered
689 Posts
lee said:
2- If my efforts at reducing temperature don't get it then I would like to follow MikeF4UK's advice and look into putting vents in the side fairings. Can anyone tell me if the F4 1000 side fairings are exact duplicates of the Tambos? If so then perhaps I can find a pair from a damaged F4 to experiment with.
As far as I know, they all interchange. I experimented with the race fairings from my 750 and cut out small sections somewhat mimicing the openings in the CC.

Once the fans come on, there's quite a lot of hot air that comes out those holes. I didn't run with them very long, but it did seem to make a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sig,

You be da man. I want one of those to sew on the back of my leathers. Thanks a bunch pal.

Lizz,

Thanks for the info and pic. I think it'll work (if need be) but I'm going to gather more info before I comit. $$$$$. Nice job by the way.

·
Registered
689 Posts
lee said:
Thanks for the info and pic. I think it'll work (if need be) but I'm going to gather more info before I comit. $$$$$. Nice job by the way.
If you've got a hacksaw, there's no end to what you can accomplish. OK, that's not quite true. A hacksaw, a hammer, and a prybar ...

Now you're talking.

All I had was a picture of a CC and a set of fiberglass panels from my racing days. I figured that if I ever track the bike again, the cutouts wouldn't hurt, and if I don't, the bodywork will sit in storage anyway. Either way, it was worth a try. I think that when summer rolls around again and it's sixty or seventy degrees warmer (Fahrenheit, that is) I may have another go at this concept, but with panels I'd leave on. These are race-quality, with a rattle can paint job.

·
Administrator
18,824 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Forget about the jacket, Ed, what up with those shoes????:stickpoke

·
Administrator
18,824 Posts
Randarosa said:
Forget about the jacket, Ed, what up with those shoes????:stickpoke
Alpinstar boots in red and black...they do look pretty goofy under the blue jeans from the rear. Very comfy and they don't look so goofy outside my leathers.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That patch is the nuts. I ordered it. Thanks again.

I like the spray bomb paint job. You won't need numbers with that one. Guess I'll have to root around for a couple of panels and dig out the sawsall. The one with the 10 teeth per inch blade like Lewdog uses.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bought this Andrew Marc retro style jacket with the idea of putting some moto patches on it. I'm thinking of doing something similar to the Ducati jacket showe at the bottom here. The only problem is that I can only find one MV Agusta patch. Have they had the same patch forever? Are there other MV patches? Anyone have different MV patches to sell? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
750 & 1000 fairings same?

Fairings are interchangable, 750 or 1000 it doesn't matter.
Can anyone confirm that fairings from a 2004 750 are the same as a 2006 1000? Nose, sides, belly, seat/rear.

I'm trying to put together a set for track days. Don't care what color or if they are scratched as I'll rattle can them flat black to match the bike. This way I can cut holes in them for frame sliders and save my pristine panels.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Tomburini is alive? Haven't seen you since late January, except you did show up once for roll call in February...Where you been again? :stickpoke

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
796 Posts
i bought 2 small patches from a member here about a year ago..i don't remember exactly who..i think mvf4..they re nice especially for the price..maybe he has more to sell.the guy was vry helpful and prompt
i made a picture on my palm for size comparison...sorry about the pic quality..the web cam was the only thing i had near me

i have a perfect vintage leather jacket to put them on ..bought it from some old guy...looks like sr71's only it s black...i got it fitted with a new interior lining ..did a trial fit..they look great..now i am just waiting for my brute :D hopefully i ll be able to get a 750 in the spring..found some good one's in italy

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts